Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

We played Exit House of Riddles tonight. Really enjoyed the gameplay and all the puzzles

2. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Nice. Glad you enjoyed it! I haven’t done house of riddles. Maybe I’ll pick it up soon.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Wife got me another Exit game and Unlock! Heroic Adventures for my birthday yesterday.

We tried Insert Coin last night. We enjoyed it enough but it was very confusing. Loved the tutorial though and am hoping the other 2 will be better.

theagentcoma and JRShoenberger like this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

That Unlock set is the one I haven't done yet. lol. Hopefully the others are great.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Colby Searcy

I'm hoping so too! I don't know if it was just our mindset or what but some of the puzzles were just kinda illogical to us. Definitely excited to play the others though.

6. Colby Searcy

Wife and I played Exit: Abandoned Cabin tonight. You us over 2 hours to complete. Definitely more difficult than House of Riddles

7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This looks very cool! I just spent the snowy weekend alone; I kind of wish I had seen this post earlier because I definitely would've gone out and bought it immediately, haha.

Definitely adding it to my list and if anyone else has any good solo (or two player) game recommendations, please let me know! Would love an alternative to video games and most of our board games are for three or more players.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

This is our predicament too, finding only 1-2 player games.

I've been bombarding the thread lately with all of our game experiences. We've been enjoying the Exit games and Unlock! games. These are like escape room in a box type things so can only be played once but I'd definitely recommend them.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Did an Exit game last night and was impressed how much we did with no hints.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

Which one did you do?

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I just went out and bought Box One, lol. Excited to start this after lunch.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Let me know what you think after finishing!

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Most recent was Forgotten Island.

But we've also done Abandoned Cabin and Cemetery of the Knight

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I really enjoyed it! I didn't even know games like this existed but I'm glad they do - all of the surprises were VERY exciting to experience. I wish it had lasted longer considering the lack of replay value, but I knew what I was getting into so I can't really complain. I never got stuck for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, but it was still really thrilling each time I figured something out; there were a couple moments where I thought I was going to be stuck for far longer and then the puzzle would click.

I hope they do another box at some point.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Yes, same! Didn't know these types of things existed but now I'm obsessed! Only thing I wasn't big on is the online stuff but overall very very cool experience.

That's my hope too and honestly I have all the faith in NPH to make it just as good or better after how good Box One was. Definitely gonna make it difficult to follow up after kinda using these tricks, they'll have to come up with different things but I'm fully on board for whatever they do.

There is a 2nd game called Amazed that seems more like a traditional board game that I really want to try.

16. Colby Searcy

Awesome, we've done House of Riddles and Abandoned Cabin. Have Murder on Orient waiting.

We found the Abandoned Cabin one difficult compared to House of Riddles but still very much enjoyed it. I saw that they're releasing a sequel to Abandoned Cabin this summer.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the more we do, the more we know what to look for and different ways to get to the answer.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

We played Case #2 of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective last night. this game is very difficult, we only figured out 1/2 the case questions

19. Colby Searcy

We played Unlock! Sherlock Holmes tonight. That one was much better than Insert Coin, really enjoyed it!

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Good to hear!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Wife and I played Exit Murder On The Orient Express the other night.

That one was great, think it's been my favorite so far. Also where ordered a couple more Exit games for this weekend while we have no kids at home. Excited to try one of the puzzle ones!

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

bought kingdomino and patchwork over the past 2 weeks. both super fun, and v easy to learn. big fan

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Excellent choices

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned in this thread, but Board Game Arena is fantastic. They have a lot of top tier games (some require a fairly small subscription fee (only person who starts the game needs it)) and they play really well. Great way to hop on a Zoom call with friends and play some games.

25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Patchwork is fun, one of the only games my wife will play