Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. zakandsara

Marvel or Disney?

2. zakandsara

Nice, it's a great game.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

The Marvel is cool but it’s a lot for new players to take on. I play that one by myself because it is one that seems to almost incorporate a solo mode based on what can happen in the game

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Wife got me Box One, a Magic Puzzle Company Magic Puzzle and one of the Unsolved Case Files games for Christmas.

Anybody in here play any of these?

5. I'm not much of a puzzle person, but we did a Magic Puzzle a while ago and it was really neat.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’ve heard great things about One Box, but I haven’t tried it. I usually go with the Exit or Unlock games if I’m getting a one-shot puzzly game.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

My girlfriend gave me this beautiful chess set for Christmas

Attached Files:

8. Colby Searcy

Plan to do it this weekend over New Year's. Pretty excited for it!
    Planning to play it this week, I'll let you know what I think once I'm finished.

I've had Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective on my radar for years, maybe one of these days I'll cave and actually buy it.

Which of the Exit/Unlock games would you recommend?

9. JRShoenberger

Trusted

For Exit, I think the Abandoned Cabin or Museum were my favorites. For Unlock, check out any of the ones with the clown/mad scientist on the cover. Or Star Wars if you like Star Wars. That’s easily my favorite.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

We "played" Unsolved Case Files-Harmony Ashcroft which was pretty cool if not a little underwhelming. Now we'd like to try something a little more high quality, anybody ever try Hunt A Killer?

11. Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

We did it this week and it was really cool! I kinda figured out what the magical ending was before we were finished but didn't completely know so it was fine. Immediately bought the other 2 in series one and will probably start one of them in the next few days!

13. I got the “Mystic Maze” one to see what it was all about. I started it yesterday and already love it. Excited to see what the final “reveal” is when I finish. Some craaazy pieces. And I love the “look and find” check list too.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Yep that's the one I got too! We finished it in a span of about 24 hours. The pieces and artwork are super awesome, very confusing edge pieces haha

15. Colby Searcy

@bradsonemanband just received The Sunny City in the mail! Very excited to start either that one or the Isles one tomorrow!

16. Colby Searcy

Started Box One this afternoon. So far it's absolutely incredible. Will definitely be finishing up tomorrow

17. Colby Searcy

Finished Box One today, incredible incredible experience. Highly recommend for anybody who enjoys puzzles, riddles, etc. Absolutely go in completely blind as possible.

JRShoenberger likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

@bradsonemanband starting The Happy Isles now. How's Mystic Maze coming along?

19. Finished it today! It was so cool! After I finished it, I drove down to my brothers to let him borrow it. He’s a huge puzzle geek so he’s gonna love it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

If anyone is into heavier strategy games, I’ve played Lost Ruins of Arnak a few times recently, and it’s soooo good.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Just finished The Happy Isles. Gonna wait a little bit before doing the last one of Series One(The Sunny City).

22. Awesome! I assume they all do the same “trick” more or less?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Yep, the trick is always the same but the artwork is obviously different

24. Colby Searcy

Bought Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective finally!

Also picked up:

Hunt A Killer: Death At The Dive Bar
    Exit: The Abandoned Cabin
    Exit: The House of Riddles

JRShoenberger likes this.