Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

do you mean because it feels so far away? i think for board games that is a pretty reasonable window. i backed a KS last year, and it'll be out this December. I have a feeling it'll be delayed though.

i'll check that out later, need to wrap up work.

link: Starlight

2. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yes. Kickstarter games aren’t fully produced yet. And I takes months and months for the to get produced. So 2021 is probably right. There are so many games you can buy right now though. What kind of game do you think you’d like?

3. zigbigwig

starlight is up my alley. do we already have gameplay videos?

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It looks there’s one on their Kickstarter but it was done by the company. It’s odd they didn’t have any bigger channels check it since it’s such a big project.

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

damn my store just got this new miniature naval battle game called Oak and Iron and it looks awesome

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. tvck

Trusted

Wife and I grabbed Kingdomino for quarantine days. Looking forward to trying it out.

7. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I have a buddy who does miniature war games every Friday night. It’s quite an interesting scene.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Ive never actually played a tabletop RPG type game. I own Gloomhaven, but I haven’t gotten into it yet. It’s a little overwhelming. Oddly enough, I’m interested in Wingspan. Medieval style and Sci fi style single player games would be the best answer I guess.

9. zigbigwig

10. zigbigwig

do you play tabletop-like videogames?

i haven't tried Gloomhaven, but I probably would enjoy it (people have been recommending it to me). There's a lot of tutorials on Youtube too, so you don't really have to learn using the manual if that's not your thing

11. Fixed Glitch

I do. I love strategy RPGs. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my all time favorites.

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

ok I finally picked up root. $60 game I got for $33 with my employee discount and a coupon. Stoked about it.

JRShoenberger and zigbigwig like this.
  13. zigbigwig

only played the GBA FF Tactics games, but I’ve replayed them so many times.

i guess it wouldn’t be that hard of a transition then, maybe you just need to figure out what kind of flavor you’re looking for. you’re planning to play single player tabletop or coop? I probably won’t be able to help, but I’m sure the experts of the thread will haha

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

Scythe: The Rise of Fenris was discounted so I caved in and bought it.

my wife didn’t enjoy LOTR LCG, and she was tired of me beating her in competitive Scythe (hah) so we were looking for something coop.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Considering how much I’ve been home I haven’t been able to get much played over the last week...

We did pick back up on our Pandemic Legacy campaign though. Because, you know, the world and stuff.

zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  16. Fixed Glitch

I decided to order Wingspan. I will also probably give Gloomhaven a shot in the meantime.

I think the hurdle I've always had is the single player aspect. It's never bothered me with JRPG video games, but it's different for tabletop for some reason.

Also going to order Starlight, but man, Aug 2021 seems like an eternity away at this point...

theagentcoma and JRShoenberger like this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Everyone here go try out Evolution.

I think I’m gonna use it and add a die-rolling aspect and a traveling objective type thing to it

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. tvck

Trusted

Wife and I grabbed this during the buy2get1 Target sale recently. Still need to give it a whirl!

19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

It is fun, part of the reason I’m trying to come up with a new aspect to add to it, is because the end game scoring is a little weird in our opinion. There are a ton of expansion packs that we just found out about like two days ago as well.

20. zigbigwig

Colby Searcy and JRShoenberger like this.
  21. Fixed Glitch

Anyone have any experience with Hunters A.D. 2114?

22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’ve never heard of it. According it seems to have gotten generally positive reviews on BoardGameGeek. But the first edition had a really bad rulebook.

23. Fixed Glitch

I read that as well. The second printing with supposed improvements just ended it’s Kickstarter yesterday. My problem is waiting until Feb 2021...

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah. That’s the thing with Kickstarter........

25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Decided to make a DIY Crokinole board after falling down a rabbit hole the other day. My inner Canadaphile just couldn't resist. Will post a picture when it's completed.

jmarr and JRShoenberger like this.