Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Shrek likes this.
  2. tvck

Trusted

Found it at my local Barnes and Noble after doing some research this morning so I pulled the trigger! Saw a post yesterday that he is withholding stock for distributors due to a clerical error on his part. Some places won't see the game until July, and I imagine that'll get pushed due to the stuff going on over in China.

JRShoenberger likes this.
  3. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

has anyone played roll for the galaxy? i've only played a few times, and it's a lot of fun, but i keep getting crushed! i think i need to focus on getting more dice in the early rounds

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’ve played it a few times. but I wasn’t very good. So I can’t speak to any strategies.

EddieDS likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Nice!

I'm going to be doing some a few game giveaways soon, so keep an eye out!

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

image.jpg

got all this for 30 bucks, which is a steal considering a bunch of those aren’t in shelves anymore and are being resold for 30-35

Shrek, theagentcoma and JRShoenberger like this.
  8. theagentcoma

Damn good steal! Now I'm curious what kinda stock we have at my work, will report back

9. My wife got us Space Base last week and we’ve probably played 15 rounds since then. We love it! Thanks again for the rec.

10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yes! I’m so excited you like it. It’s so good

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. It’s so much fun! I was looking for a fun game for just the two of us to play, if we didn’t have friends over. This game is perfect for that.

12. zigbigwig

still playing LOTR LCG, but just came in to report in case anyone's interested that the second cycle (after the base game) has restocked. From what I've read in the last few months this is pretty rare, and one of the best sets ever for this game.

if anyone wants to fall in this rabbithole, this is the buying guide: New Player Buying Guide (Updated July 2018)

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I'm surprised. I thought they'd be focusing on Marvel and Arkham Horror instead of the LOTR LCG.

14. zigbigwig

i think that still might be true? i know they announced that LOTR LCG will be going on hiatus soon, so maybe they're focusing on reprints instead

i def appreciate it as someone who just got into this

15. theagentcoma

Thinking of picking Root up soon

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Dude. It’s so good. So good. Just take time to learn it with the same group.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

Probably will haha. Did you review it on your page?

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I haven’t. A friend owns it and we always play their copy. I haven’t been able to Hang onto it to do a video yet.

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Wingspan is CONSTANTLY in use at the local board game cafe. we've gone straight for the shelf to look for it the last three times we have gone and it's always in use from the time we get there to the time we leave. real anxious to try it.

zigbigwig likes this.
  20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

we played Sagrada for the first time on Sunday and it was an instant hit. no game has built on my experience with a previous game as Sagrada built off of playing Azul, but it's an improvement in every way imo. def gonna be a pickup.

on a personal level it's been great that my fiancee who had previously never played so much as Catan has been so open minded to the board game cafe. she's really fallen in love with games and it's a dream to have a partner to share that with

21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Wingspan is a good game, I've played it 3 or 4 times

22. zigbigwig

i've heard of it (and heard good things). is it great for 2 people?

i don't like going out, so it's mostly just my wife and i who plays. been thinking about getting the Scythe expansions too, because we're looking for some coop board games

23. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I don’t see why Wingspan wouldn’t be good at two. There isn’t a ton of interaction between players.

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I just picked up Everdell. Hope it lives up to the hype.

25. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I still haven't successfully gotten into a tabletop game yet... But a lot of these look really interesting.

Starlight which just hit Kickstarter today looks incredible. The ship date is Aug 2021? Can that really be right...?

Is that how these KS projects typically are?