Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Super cool. Hope your enjoying the hobby!

it’s probably my favorite thing in life right now.

Shrek and theagentcoma like this.
  2. tvck

Trusted

I'm honestly enjoying it more than video gaming right now. There's so many cool games out there and the human interaction is quite nice.

3. JRShoenberger

Trusted

So true.
    I do some video stuff for the Dice Tower on YouTube. They pretty much cover all the games. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole.

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I just want to play board games for my bachelor party tbh

Shrek and JRShoenberger like this.
  5. theagentcoma

bring this shit back, I work in a literal goddamn board game store, I should provide more input

I came in here looking for that Oathsworn link and they hit like over a million $$ in their kickstarter, damnn

what's everyone playing lately. also a little durnk

bradsonemanband, zigbigwig and Shrek like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

my bachelor party in Sept is literally renting a cabin in the adirondacks for two nights and doing board games and landing parties

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

my fiancee and i have been getting into some two player stuff lately and that's been a joy. recently we tried The Fox in the Forest and Patchwork. the former is a good time but the latter is a blast. good mix of puzzle and strategy that is randomized with each playthrough, is over in 30-45 mins. recommend to anyone that wants something a little different to do on a night in.

8. tvck

Trusted

finally played my copy of PARKS that I've been sitting on since like November, and WOW, loved it. Backed the expansion Kickstarter today as well.

9. tvck

Trusted

10. theagentcoma

ooooh I love Patchwork! That was the first game my fiancee enjoyed with me haha, small world. I've been eyeing Fox in the Forest every time I pass it at work, it definitely looks fun

Shrek likes this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Been playing a good amount of Red Dragon Inn lately, so much fun

12. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

i just got pandemic legacy season 1. anyone have tips before i dive in? planning on playing with only 2 players, but reconsidering cause bgg says it's best with 4 players.

13. JRShoenberger

Trusted

We’ve played with 3. It works great. I don’t see how 2 would ruin the experience.

EddieDS likes this.
  14. jmarr

Newbie Supporter

Really excited to have stumbled across fellow board gamers here on Chorus!

My wife and I have been playing and enjoying Space Base lately. Looking forward to giving that a try with more players.

We just won July in our 5 player Pandemic Legacy game. What a slog that's been! But in a good way. :-)

In the discussions I've seen, Pandemic Legacy works just fine with 2 players. Another option I've seen mentioned is having each person playing two characters, so you'd essentially be playing a 4-player game. At least in my group, we're all jointly discussing / planning everyone's turn anyway, so I could definitely see 2 people using 4 characters working fine.

I'm also one game into a 5 player Betrayal Legacy game. There's a whole lot of randomness and not too much skill involved, but it's still a fun time as long as you know what type of game you're playing.

For anyone that likes legacy games and hasn't played it yet, I'd recommend checking out Charterstone (though it looks like it may be out of print until this spring). Our group really enjoyed it!

zigbigwig, EddieDS and theagentcoma like this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is a legacy game?

16. jmarr

Newbie Supporter

They're games where you play a set number of times (often 12) and over the course of playing, you make permanent modifications to the board, unlock new components and play mechanics, etc. You can win or lose each individual game, but there's also an overall goal for the 12 game campaign. Some legacy games like Pandemic are fully cooperative while others have a single overall winner at the end.

zigbigwig and tvck like this.
  17. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Space Base has quickly become one of my favorite games of all time. It’s such a blast every time I play it.
    I haven’t gotten through many legacy games since I don’t have lot of time to dedicate to them. But I like the concept of them.

zigbigwig and jmarr like this.
  18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

going to look into these.

my wife hates math and puzzles but loves board games. idk how that works either. she enjoys Betrayal (too bad it’s 3 players minimum), Scythe and hates Magic the Gathering. We’ve started playing Lord of the Rings LCG though and she enjoyed that. I love coup and Resistance and she hates it, which I hate.

started taking Lotr LCG a bit more seriously too. that game is super fun. based on what i’ve read playing the core game alone makes solo play difficult so i’m going to try two-handed (aka playing a 2 player game alone). and i found someone selling the core game + adventure packs for 30 dollars so that’s a steal.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

Space Base looks cool. I’ll add that to my list

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

You should. I played it twice on Sunday. It’s so good. So good.

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

well now I want to try the LotR LCG lol

the only LCG I've ever played before is the Game of Thrones one

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. I'm watching a video of someone playing through Space Base and explaining the rules as they go. This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the suggestion

JRShoenberger likes this.
  23. zigbigwig

the core game is fun but it definitely leaves you craving for more content. unfortunately some of the expansions aren’t available for print anymore. good news is you don’t have to buy them in order.

i wanted to save money from spending too much on MtG so i looked for another card game, but there’s definitely a chance that doesn’t happen here at all lool

this was the best resource i could find: New Player Buying Guide (Updated July 2018)

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

ugh, I'm having severe FOMO and about to pull the trigger on Wingspan. It's only for sale on Stonemaiers website but it's slightly above MSRP and $10 shipping..

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

wingspan is a great game. It probably doesn’t matter where you buy it from. Stonmaier does weird distribution things so I’m not surprised it’s only on his site right now.