Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I like Captain Hook because you end up having the most to do I think. We played Captain Hook vs Ursula for our first play-through and it took a while lol

We are debating on getting the expansion with Hades, The Evil Queen, and Dr. Facilier since it has been so fun.

There are some instances where we weren’t sure what was allowed though. Like Aladdin had the magic lamp, and I tried to use Abu to steal it from him to move it away from the palace, but we weren’t sure if a hero could take an item from another hero or not. It has been a fun time learning the game

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My girlfriend introduced me to Evolution last night. She said it’s more fun with 3+ people, but I thought it was a blast.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Picked up Betrayal Legacy this week to play with my friends. We just finished the Sycthe Rise Of Fenris campaign and had a blast, can’t wait to explode some haunted houses

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

How did I forget to say that we also played carcassone and I completed a 70 point city

JRShoenberger likes this.
  5. Philll

Trusted

A friend of mine has been developing a new game called Oathsworn and their current kickstarter seems to have blown up. Tabletops aren't really my thing but it looks really cool.

Oathsworn: Into The Deepwood

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Damn that is blowing up....it's almost at a million bucks

Philll, zigbigwig and theagentcoma like this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this looks amazing. I work at a board game store and I'm gonna look out for this.

Philll likes this.
  8. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Damn I wish it wasn’t so highly priced. I want it lol

Philll and theagentcoma like this.
  9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

sold. i bought the 179 one idk what im doing with my life

ive never owned a board game with miniatures that detailed so im excited. (wait no i own scythe what am i saying)

Philll and theagentcoma like this.
  10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

11. Dave Diddy

I know I’m late to the party on this but finally decided to pick this bad boy up.
    8D517FFA-4E84-4FFA-B112-2BC18F2F16BB.jpeg

12. zigbigwig

so the more i've been reading stuff about Oathsworn the more excited am for release. i also watched some gameplay videos and it's super easy to set up. i also started watching videos on how to paint minis lol.

i was no doubt getting the one with the enemy miniatures (i went through the spoiler-y stuff and they look amazing), but now i'm considering getting the armory

theagentcoma and Philll like this.
  13. theagentcoma

Damnit don't make me get excited for something I shouldn't buy

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

15. theagentcoma

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yoooo have you guys played Root? Haven’t had a chance to complete a full game yet but my very first impressions are high

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yes. I’ve played it a bunch. It has a super steep learning curve. I’d stick with the same faction for a few plays before switching so you can get your sea legs.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

Root looks very cool. Isn't there an RPG version too?

19. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I heard there’s one coming. But I don’t think it’s out yet.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Dave Diddy

Yeah I've only played Root once and we were all a bit confused at first but it's a fun one. Some games I've played recently:

Everdell
    Scythe
    Wingspan

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

What's Scythe like?

Also has anyone ever played Warhammer or any other wargame

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. Dave Diddy

Scythe is great. The theme and artwork is so cool. It’s an area control game so there’s everything that goes along with that genre. I’ve only played it once and the combat wasn’t too prevalent. I think if we played again people might fight each other a little more but from what I understand scythe is never going to be super combat heavy. There’s a lot of pieces and rules but in my opinion it looks more complicated than it actually is.

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  23. zigbigwig

scythe is super fun. it’s less combat-oriented but more of a game of politics. like if you’re in a 5 player game and you end up in combat with someone the thought process is more along the lines of having an army that can crush foes vs actually using them. the downside is if you try to combat people it expends so much of your military that other players can just take advantage of it.

one game that i want to try and start here is a little mobile game called Subterfuge. it’s a week long skirmish of negotation and betrayal (when you get betrayed it really feels the worst)

JRShoenberger and theagentcoma like this.
  24. zigbigwig

25. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]
    Really gone down a rabbit hole lately with Board Games. Already had a lot of these but starting to branch out into more complex games. Going to BGG Con here in Dallas in May with a friend that I'm really looking forward to.

Some games I've really enjoyed lately:
    Azul
    Camel Up
    War Chest
    Wavelength

Link to my BGG collection: Here