Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bought Sheriff of Nottingham a couple weeks back. Such a fun game

JRShoenberger and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How many people do you play with?

3. Joe4th

I think we played with 4 teams of 2 so more people could be involved.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Would it be fun with 2? Lol it's so hard to find 2 player games

5. Joe4th

Unfortunately probably not :/ Yeah finding a good 2 player game is extremely difficult

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Really? I mostly play 2 player games. They’re everywhere! What kind of games are you looking for with 2 players?

7. Colby Searcy

Not necessarily actively looking just seems like most things I see are 3+ players

JRShoenberger likes this.
  8. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Gotcha. Things definitely open up with 3 players.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Got a couple games in with Patchwork. Game is super fun and easy to pick up. Definitely a good purchase.

10. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

FYI Target is doing a buy one get one 50% off sale right now on board games and they have a decent online selection

11. Dave Diddy

Played Wingspan last night and freaking loved it

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It’s a really good one! I played it at a convention back in January. But I haven’t see it since.

13. Dave Diddy

My buddy won it in a raffle from our local board game shop but yeah from what I understand it's pretty hard to get your hands on right now.

14. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah the printings have been selling out fast. A buddy of mine has it. So I’m hoping he brings it by sometime.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  15. Dave Diddy

Bought Castles of Burgundy and Agricola on sale yesterday on Amazon. Also I noticed Scythe is only 50 bucks? I could have sworn it was like 80+. I'm super tempted by Scythe but it's also definitely heavier than the typical games my buddy's and I play.

16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

My friend group plays board games heavily, and were psyched for Scythe.

We played it once and never touched it again. We honestly found it pretty boring.

17. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It’s no heavier than Castles or Agricola. Both of those can be seen as heavy

18. Dave Diddy

Hmm okay I guess I'll have to look into it some more. I don't need any more games currently but maybe sometime in the future I'll pick it up. @Allpwrtoslaves thought it was boring, what are your thoughts?

19. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Honestly, I haven't played it yet, but I've read the rules and have seen it it action. I have a friend with it, but I just haven't been able to be at the table for it.
    It doesn't seem like kind of game, honestly, since I don't like too much conflict in my games. but I'd still like to try it sometime, since it's such a big and important game in the hobby right now.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’d like to add I love conflict in my games, the more fucking over you do of other players the better for me, but it still didn’t do it for me.

Something about it just made it feel like a chore to play.

21. Dave Diddy

What's your favorite game with fucking people over? I like "take that" games

22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Anyone on here picked up the Disney’s Villainous board game? We bought the other day and it has been a blast, even with two people

23. If you guys haven't played Dutch Blitz with a bunch of friends, you're missing out.
    If you guys haven't played Secret Hitler with a bunch of friends, you're missing out.

mad likes this.
  24. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Secret Hitler is amazing. Kinda hard to get at least five people together regularly though.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

This one is fun! I've only played with 3 people at most but it is indeed a blast. I like playing the Queen of Hearts.