Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Patchwork. 100% Patchwork.

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

I wish that Dark Souls board game was cheaper because it looks rad

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I'll check this out soon. Don't have the budget atm lol

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I looked it up and it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the recommendation!

5. BKO5950505

Regular

Subbin'.

My friend brings over some killer games when we chill. I am usually too intoxicated to learn the rules and/or remember the name of the game but it's always a good time.

6. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds really awesome.

7. BKO5950505

Regular

Was going to re-download and say let's play but you have to pay $9.99 to create private games...Meh.

8. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm...little steep for a game I'd probably be terrible at.

9. BKO5950505

Regular

Yarp...Did you ever find your King of Tokyo?

10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Nope. But I realized I'm missing Codenames too. Probably just put a box somewhere weird.

11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Why would you need a private game? You can make a public and give the invitation to people

12. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

played pandemic for the first time yesterday and wow. ton of fun. gets really intense. we ended up losing but it was a great time.

13. I play-tested a really cool card game yesterday, wish I could say more but NDA. People are doing really interesting things though.

14. BKO5950505

Regular

Oh, cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

15. Happy Tabletop Day everyone! Geek and Sundry are streaming games all day: Twitch

16. Viva Sonata

I got quite a few games this tabletop day. Worked a whole lot at the shop and I close tomorrow!

scott likes this.
  17. Viva Sonata

Does anyone have any expansions they're looking forward to?

Once I finish T.I.M.E Stories' Prophecy of Dragons I'll be eagerly awaiting Under the Mask to be fully translated by this summer. I'm also excited for Codenames: Pictures, the 7 Wonders: Duel expansion that will incorporate ancient gods, and the Team Spirit expansion for Cash n Guns that adds a 9th player.

18. Definitely interested in the new version of Codenames, but I don't really follow new games enough to know what's coming out.

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

My wife and I have been playing a lot of Machi Koro lately. It's super fun but she can never beat me so I think she is starting to hate the game haha.

20. Viva Sonata

I'm so bad at city/deck-builders! I feel her pain.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  21. Viva Sonata

Buying my copy of T.I.M.E Stories Friday to play with people on Saturday. I haven't been this giddy to play any other game.

22. Viva Sonata

Board Game Shop Story:

We finally got our copy of T.I.M.E Stories, which I was going to set aside and purchase myself with my employee discount. However, before I could do so, a couple came in and immediately asked me about the game. Rather than saying that it was my precious and therefore off limits, I sold them on the game and they ended up buying it. Later that night, a friend of mine got a text from him saying to tell me that they had an amazing time and it's one of his favorite games now.

ChiliTacos and scott like this.
  23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I can't imagine this appealing very much to a general audience, but as someone who has played CCGs my whole life, this looks like so much fun.

24. Viva Sonata

I mean, we have a special order copy coming in for a customer. Who knows!