Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tabletop Games • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Stephanie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Eldritch Horror looks awesome. Fantasy Flight is killing it for me it seems, bought Arkham Horror last night too.

I wish my gf played with me. She will if I ask but she won't enjoy it lol.

zigbigwig and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

I also find it interesting that I'm getting really into MTG, LCG, etc in my mid twenties when I never played much when I was younger.

3. eight30

Regular

I played Sushi Go Party last weekend and it was a ton of fun! That and Splendor are probably my favorite games. I got my friend Secret Hitler for Christmas so we'll be playing that soon.

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I really like Sushi Go and Splendor. You should check out some other card drafting games if you like Sushi Go. 7 Wonders is my go to. It’s easy enough to get into but way deeper.

5. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Since Pokemon in middle school I haven’t gotten into any sort of CCG or things like that. I have a bit of an obsessive personality so I do everything I can to stay away.

6. eight30

Regular

Thanks! The girl at the game store said 7 Wonders is pretty similar, so I'll add it to the list! I heard they now have expansions to Splendor so I have to look into that too.

7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Got a whole bunch of board games again this year. I need to make a list of what we got and played, but my favorite so far has been Azul and viral

Colby Searcy and theagentcoma like this.
  8. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Don't do it! Save yourself while there's still time!

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

turn back from MTG before it's too late

zigbigwig, Colby Searcy and Oddpac87 like this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

I got into MTG first, like a few years ago, and spent hundreds, probably a thousand at this point on cards. My friend and I have phases where we are really into it, drop off, then pick it up again a few months later.

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

relatable. I've gotten in and out of the game about 4 times. I've only played 2 events in the last year and I don't see myself going back anytime soon, but I held on to a few casual decks. You never know when you're gonna have to battle someone in the parking lot of the grocery store.

Oddpac87 and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

I keep my current deck in my car, tri colored Dragon deck. You never know.

I feel like these LCG and board games are going to take up any time I would have spent on magic for a bit though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I still need to try both of them. They're high on my list. My favorites of the year are Near & Far and Barenpark.

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Highly recommend Scythe. Played it with another group yesterday and they loved it so much that we agreed to meet again today.

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody played Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective?

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

No but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Same!

I found a copy at Half Price Books yesterday for $75 for what appeared to be the original. While a good price, I wasn't able to see if any cases had been solved or anything so I passed. Looks like a re-release happened in 2016 that I'm able to get on Amazon.

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I think Shut Up and Sit Down did a review of it. I generally agree with their takes on games.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. zigbigwig Mar 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2018)
    zigbigwig

I volunteered as a board games coach in one of the local stores. I was teaching small games like Loveletter and King’s Gold for the first few hours but it escalated into teaching Scythe literally one hour before closing.

So that was a fun first day

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Nice

21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

This is a thing I want to do.

22. zigbigwig

It was actually easier than I expected - store posted on Facebook saying they were looking for volunteers so I went there, lol.

Maybe you can ask your local board games store if they any help. I recommend it! Initially my fear was not knowing enough board games to teach to people, but then I just went on Youtube for my first hour and just watched how to play videos and I think I covered like 5 or 6 different games.

23. Anyone have good "party" games?

Had some friends over for the holiday and realized ... I don't have good party games. I just have nerdy games and Cards Against Humanity. So, I wanna get some others.

Catch Phrase seems to come up a lot ... anyone have other recs?

24. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Two Rooms and a Boom, Anomia, Codenames and The Resistance/Coup are all great thinking party games.

zigbigwig and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I should say though @Jason Tate, while The Resistance is one of my fave games of all time, it sometimes feels like it has the ability to fracture friendships and the way people look at one another haha. Social deduction and bluffing taken so far to the extreme.

Jason Tate likes this.