Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

System of a Down Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Philll, Apr 8, 2018.

2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It's a non-stop disco

riotspray, chewbacca110 and beachdude like this.
  3. GBlades

Trusted

That is the best video I've seen this Hallowe'en.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Something happening Monday. Faith No More and Korn shared the same picture so I guess a tour...

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

goddamnit. Why can’t it just be a new goddamn album

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  6. beachdude

Agreed. I wish so much that this band could resolve their creative differences and actually make new music.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Wonder if it’s gonna be an amphitheater tour

beachdude likes this.
  8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Literally the only band in my top 20 that I've never seen live. Please let it be a normal tour where I can pay $100 for GA.

beachdude likes this.
  9. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Russian Circles also shared it. Riot Fest maybe?

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude

Wtf lol... yeah this definitely doesn’t seem like a tour anymore, that’s too weird a mix of bands

aspeedomodel likes this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I think Russian Circles shared a picture saying MONDAY that matched an earlier Riot Fest announcement. Not 100% as I haven't been following too closely.

beachdude likes this.
  12. beachdude

I just checked, it actually is the same picture that SOAD and the others posted. Very interesting...

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I dunno, I could see a band like SOAD taking RC out on a tour.

riotspray and beachdude like this.
  14. andysoto523

Regular

SOAD did a short west coast tour in 2018 with Incubus, At The Drive In, Clutch, Pallbearer and Skeletonwitch so any combination of bands is possible.

riotspray and beachdude like this.
  15. beachdude

Oh damn. Ok yeah you’re right then lol

16. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

Tbh I don't even think a new soad would be worth it in the end. It's clear serj isn't into it anymore and there's no way anyone else could replace him. Plus his voice ain't the same from the classic 98-02 era anyways

17. andysoto523

Regular

Tbh I'd totally be fine if System never makes a new album again. I feel like it'd feel forced at this point at least from Serj. The same fans that are constantly complaining that they need to make a new album will be the same exact fans complaining that they think they play too many new songs live.

18. JM95

Trusted

Yeah I'm pretty sure a new album wouldn't be good. Too many half-assed performances live to think they have the vitality and enthusiasm as band needed to create a SOAD album that comes anywhere close to living up to their previous best.

beachdude likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I completely agree with 'being fine' if they don't jump into the studio anytime soon or ever. It's clear the passion and enthusiasm isn't there for all band members. You just can't force creativity and I'd rather their legacy be kept on a high.

beachdude likes this.
  20. beachdude

I do get what you guys are saying. I guess how I'd rephrase my point is... it bums me out that they aren't able to get to that unified place again where everyone feels energized and in sync with each other creatively. Because when they were all in that headspace, the results were magical. But if they can't, I'm glad they're still active as a live act, because the legacy of the albums they did make is still worth celebrating. And I agree that it is better to only add a new chapter to their discography if they really all feel they have something worth adding... which I do respect a lot.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is... fine...

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. PauLo

43% Burnt

White Pony is probably more influential, but Toxicity is a far better album sonically and musically.

25. Philll

Trusted

I love Toxicity but that's not even a choice for me. WP is one of the best albums of the last 20 years, full stop.