Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Switchfoot Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, May 6, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

"Switchfoot is an American alternative rock band from San Diego, California. The band's members are Jon Foreman (lead vocals, guitar), Tim Foreman (bass guitar, backing vocals), Chad Butler (drums,percussion), Jerome Fontamillas (guitar, keyboards, backing vocals), and Drew Shirley (guitar, backing vocals). After early successes in the Christian rock scene, Switchfoot first gained mainstream recognition with the inclusion of four of their songs in the 2002 movie A Walk to Remember. This recognition led to their major label debut, The Beautiful Letdown, which was released in 2003 and featured the hits "Meant to Live" and "Dare You to Move". It went on to sell over 2.6 million copies. They have since been noted for their energetic live shows,[1][2][3] and their seventh studio albumHello Hurricane received a Grammy award in 2011 for Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album."

They have a new album coming out in July, and I've always felt like Jon Foreman is one of the most underrated writers of all time.

Gianni28 likes this.
  2. Inna Selez

Regular

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the band is going on hiatus for the foreseeable future

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah saw that post on Twitter. I don’t think I’d clocked this was their 20th year. Incredible that they’ve been around so long. They deserve a break.

5. lina555

Regular

Video is great! Like their music :) This bass part! Adore.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did anyone see the April Fools joke they did over the weekend? They sent out an email with the subject new single and this video (originally didn't have 'April fools' in the title):

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. Spazzy McGee

Regular

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

New song featuring Jenn Johnson:

coleslawed likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

covers EP out June 19th, releasing a song every week

1. Swim Good (FRANK OCEAN)
    2. Harmony Hall (VAMPIRE WEEKEND)
    3. Stupid Deep (JON BELLION)
    4. Lucky Man (THE VERVE)
    5. Lights Up (HARRY STYLES)
    6. Sick Boy (THE CHAINSMOKERS)

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

those are some unexpected covers

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Tour dates!

13. Ellamamama

Got some serious Radiohead vibes with this new single too. Absolutely love this direction and can't wait to hear their next album.

zsoty27 likes this.
  14. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Very interested see where they go with this one, wasn’t a fan of their last one but really enjoyed WtLST

15. Ellamamama

Ya Native Tongue never really settled with me, probably their first in their catalog. Judging by the freshness of Jon's latest album this next SF album should be stellar.

16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Man, Native Tongue is probably my favorite Switchfoot album since Hello Hurricane. Had no idea it didn't connect with so many people.

Gianni28 likes this.
  17. Ellamamama

For some reason when that came out in 2019 it didn't resonate nearly as hard as it did with Hello Hurricane for example. When they played Hello Hurricane in full on that tour in 2011 it was pure magic. I'll have to give Native Tongue another spin while im in the garage today.

18. Ellamamama

19. Ellamamama

"Beatles, radiohead, and early switchfoot vibes" on the new album according to their live stream earlier.

20. Spazzy McGee

Regular

I’m for early SF

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Ellamamama

Feels so good buying tickets and putting the date on my calendar. Wake me up when September.. gets here!

22. Ellamamama

2/2 for me. Loving this new stuff!

beachdude likes this.
  23. Philll

Trusted

I havent cared for anything this band has put out since Vice Verses, and I don't know yet whether I like the new songs, but damn it's nice to hear them trying something interesting and quirky again after three albums of generic radio rock.

24. Spazzy McGee

Regular

truth right there.

coleslawed, beachdude and Philll like this.
  25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah these two new songs are definitely the most interesting they’ve been in some time for me.