Switchfoot Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, May 6, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

"Switchfoot is an American alternative rock band from San Diego, California. The band's members are Jon Foreman (lead vocals, guitar), Tim Foreman (bass guitar, backing vocals), Chad Butler (drums,percussion), Jerome Fontamillas (guitar, keyboards, backing vocals), and Drew Shirley (guitar, backing vocals). After early successes in the Christian rock scene, Switchfoot first gained mainstream recognition with the inclusion of four of their songs in the 2002 movie A Walk to Remember. This recognition led to their major label debut, The Beautiful Letdown, which was released in 2003 and featured the hits "Meant to Live" and "Dare You to Move". It went on to sell over 2.6 million copies. They have since been noted for their energetic live shows,[1][2][3] and their seventh studio albumHello Hurricane received a Grammy award in 2011 for Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album."

They have a new album coming out in July, and I've always felt like Jon Foreman is one of the most underrated writers of all time.

2. Inna Selez

Regular

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the band is going on hiatus for the foreseeable future

4. sponsor
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah saw that post on Twitter. I don’t think I’d clocked this was their 20th year. Incredible that they’ve been around so long. They deserve a break.

6. lina555

Regular

Video is great! Like their music :) This bass part! Adore.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did anyone see the April Fools joke they did over the weekend? They sent out an email with the subject new single and this video (originally didn't have 'April fools' in the title):