Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Swamp Dogg - Love, Loss, and Auto-Tune (September 7, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yo this is REAL good.

[​IMG]

2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

lmao from this LA Times article Swamp Dogg says nobody bought his last album. So he took a chance with his new one

“He sold way over a million units on his first album,” Williams said of Vernon’s 2007 debut under the Bon Iver name. “So I said, ‘He’s got something going on, and I want some of it.’”

Asked whether he worried that the new album’s highly doctored sound might turn off fans accustomed to a more organic approach, Williams scoffed.

“My last album sold 4,000,” he replied. “I ain’t got no people to turn off.”

3. zmtr

Trusted

This shit is so god damn good

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

The first 3 tracks are incredible. "Answer Me, My Love" is a SOTY contender.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I think the mid section is great too. $$$ Huntin' and I Love Me More are both incredible.

6. zmtr

Trusted

Oh I agree.. "She's All Mind All Mind" is a BIT of a mess but "Star Dust" closes it out super strong. Really hope some more people check this out.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is cool but I def need to spend more time with it to see if it’s really for me

8. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Ooooo yeah buddy, two tracks in and this is super cool.

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This is cool not sure I’ll return to it much outside of a couple songs but definitely glad it was brought to my attention.

10. astuaryking

This is rad as hell

11. zmtr

Trusted

jdr2187 likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah I freaking love this album

13. sawhney[rusted]2

Lmao I’m Coming Loving On My Mind sounds like a song Francis & The Lights wishes he could write

zmtr likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This is excellent and such an easy listen. Never listened to this guy before. Anything else worth checking?

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Sex With Your Ex is perfect

Takes a hokey subject and lyrics and turns it into a reaffirming message about the aching, but true, messiness of post-breakup emotions

16. jdr2187

jdr2187

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I still fucking adore this album

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious