Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Survivor (CBS) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Yeah I wouldn't be mad at any of them. Though I'm being swayed to the opinion that Tai is playing terrible and just stumbled ass backwards into his position.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

He's trying too hard to build a resume. If he makes it to FTC(which everyone wants him as a goat) the only votes he'll get guaranteed IMO are Scot, Jason, and maybe Julia. If he's against Aubrey, he has no chance. If he's against Cydney or Michele, his FTC performance is boom or bust.

Here's how I'll feel about each of the remainders winning:

Aubry-slightly above average winner.

Cydney-Middle of the road/average. Not super amazing, but far from a bad winner.

Tai-if he wins it'll probably be one of the best FTC performances ever, and he'd probably be the "best" winner of the four(again, that's only if he manages to pull out a win)

Michele-blah/below average winner.

Schooner likes this.
  3. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Tai crumbled pretty easy at tribal and messed up a few times already this year. I think the pressure of FTC eats him alive

4. I agree with this... he was the "sweetheart" in the beginning of the show and now I hope he loses. I think it's Cydney's to lose, although I'm rooting for Michelle.

5. devenstonow

Noobie

Oh, I 100% agree, he's played well but has been god awful at tribal. But if he wins, it'd have to be an amazing performance

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My co-worker seems to believe that Aubrey sweeps if she is in the final 3 at all, and I really just don't agree with it

7. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I have a feeling that Aubry's whole game is going to fall apart now that Joe's gone.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

its all about the edit with this show

9. irthesteve

I hate that mindset, because it's so wrong. Every year reddit and the Survivor fans try to figure out who is gonna win based off the edit and it's never right. It's simple, if you have an entertaining personality you are on TV more, the end

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  10. devenstonow

Noobie

Please don't get me started on Edgic and how awful /r/survivor is (yet I keep going on it...)

Edgic is awful. They think that the show is some mathematical formula. They'll say shit like, "Oh, well Russell Hantz could never win Survivor, he became the worst player ever after Week 9" and use Editing to back up how Russel is the worst player ever (this is a legitimate thought, he's worse than Francesca aka first boot twice). They treat it as law, apparently law says that it's impossible for Michele to lose this season. Yeah, sometimes it has its merits (Mike, Tony, Boston Rob), but treating it like law is ridiculous

11. contra11mundum

It's not wrong. The edit is extremely powerful and effective in this show.

12. irthesteve

Not clicking that spoiler, but yeah it's all just crazy over-analyzing

13. irthesteve

History has shown it's not science, not even close. You film the characters that are most engaging, interesting, and will get the best ratings

14. contra11mundum

I'm not saying it's literally "all about the edit." It was an exaggerated point about how powerful the edit can be. Which is just common sense based on how many hours they are out there vs what we see. They obviously spend a lot of time choosing how to edit the show and that impacts how we see it and view the characters.

I'm not even disagreeing with your point. Of course it's not an exact science.

Two weeks ago you'd have thought Cydney hated Joe's guts, and the next week she said he was like her grand dad.

We missed a lot and saw what they edited.

Anyways, like I said. Not trying to argue at all, just saying it's a big part of the show. There's no way it couldn't be.

15. irthesteve

I gotchu, and yeah I agree with ya on all this then

contra11mundum likes this.
  16. Schooner

Trusted

I was saying the exact same thing to my buddy. It's opposite to the white blue no collar season where I hated the last 6 and Mike was best of a bad bunch.
    I really like the final 4
    I think Aubrey deserves the win. But rooting for Michelle or Tai

(I'm actually in a survivor sweep and have Cyd to win me $60 though)

I did like Joe but he didn't earn sole survivor before the pull out

17. hello299

No way in hell Scot and Jason vote for Tai after he screwed them over and went back on his word to use the super idol.

Tai has NO shot at winning. He pissed too many people off and never stuck with a core alliance. Flippers never win...

18. hello299

After reading the finale description, it appears the rumored juror twist is true.

19. contra11mundum

I think they might. Scot said in his exit interview that it was a good move. They might respect it. Probably not but it could go either way.

20. hello299

It just seems that Tai is not very well respected as a player from the jury. Scot (and most of the jury) roll their eyes every time Tai speaks about his strategy at tribal.

21. Schooner

Trusted

Is the Ponderosa tune from Pirates of the Caribbean?

22. Schooner

Trusted

I really hope Mark the chicken gets flown to the US for the finale. The show needs more Mark scenes

Interestingly, I don't know if he named it. But tai's BF is named Mark

23. irthesteve

Mark has been phenomenal this season, I'm stunned every time he is off leash and doesn't run away, and that's the least of the entertainment/excitement

Schooner likes this.
  24. contra11mundum

Tai could learn a lesson or two from Mark about loyalty.

hello299, Kyle is hk and Schooner like this.
  25. hello299

Cydney was a solid player and definitely underrated most of the season. She will definitely find success in life and help her mom.