Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Survivor (CBS) TV Show • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 10, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Judd calling everyone scumbags after getting voted out was so perfect and on brand lol

Analog Drummer likes this.
  2. Analog Drummer

Regular

And hope they get bites by crocodiles

marsupial jones likes this.
  3. marsupial jones

Jumped ahead a bit and started Nicaragua tonight. Actually intrigued by it since it seems so universally hated and even Probst called it boring lol.

seeing Jimmy Johnson made me literally “ugh” out loud but otherwise I’m on board to see how this goes.

As always, knowing who wins makes this interesting right from the get go

4. marsupial jones

Nicaragua isn’t bad imo. That may be heresy but the way it’s mentioned on some sites or write ups... wow.

Fabio is great, Jane was great at times. Knowing Sash loses and gets no fucking votes in the final is hilarious with him thinking he was running the show and that stupid smile

NaOnka is a horrible person but I feel like the show probably wanted her to talk up some of her more awful parts. Certainly the biggest, easiest villain of the season.

yeah, overall not a great cast, but this wasn’t a horrible season to watch. Maybe being able to binge it made it easier to get through? Seems like binging makes everything easier to enjoy vs watching one episode a week over 3-4 months

5. Analog Drummer

Regular

We should’ve been watching s41 premiere last night in an alternate non Rona reality :(

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Don't make me cry like that

7. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I was just thinking about that the other day :(. Soonest we could get a new season is a year from now.

8. irthesteve

We could still get a early 2021 season of they can film soon, but I haven't seen any plans of that sort yet unfortunately

9. irthesteve

10. marsupial jones

Biggest pet peeve I realize after watching about half the seasons is that I hate when Jeff or someone says they’re “going home”.

at first, yes, but after awhile no, that’s not true, you’re staying and you’re on the jury lol.

like, when the two women quit in Nicaragua because they wanted to go “home” but... you didn’t go home. You went to a hotel/camp on the same damn island and were on the jury. You didn’t leave, you didn’t go home ASAP after quitting (or being bites out).

11. marsupial jones

I don’t know what to make of Coach. I first saw him in season 20 All-Stars where he didn’t seem to outlandish but seemed like a bit of a neat arrogant dude. But on Tocantins my god is he something else. I almost feel bad for the guy. Some serious mid-life crisis going on or something. And defeating Brendan who he calls a “dragon”? Reachingggggggg. Brendan was not some monolithic figure in the game lol

12. marsupial jones

Man, the first tribal council of Redemption Island was nuts lol

13. Analog Drummer

Regular

Soooooon...... 56268060-B293-48F4-9514-FCA59A351878.png

14. irthesteve

inching so closeeeee

15. marsupial jones

Watching random seasons / episodes on Prime (so seasons 1, 10-28 or something like that) and I feel like there are 4-5 participants i watched yesterday that would make the all-time hate/villain list if someone created one.

not sure if Colton would be my #1, he might be tied with Abi from the Philippines. She was just the worst and made most episodes unbearable. At least Colton was gone by episode 4-5 each time he was on lol

Jacob Tender likes this.
  16. Analog Drummer

Regular

I’m up to sm24 on rewatch and there’s a girl from Nicaragua called a Steph who would’ve been a great return player

17. marsupial jones

Signed up for Paramount+ So I finally get to dive into seasons 29-39. Excited, even though I know not all of these seasons are highly regarded. But that doesn’t matter, I didn’t consider Nicaragua that bad and that seems to be considered one of the worst seasons by most so I know I’ll enjoy all of these.

18. irthesteve

midnightxtaylor and Jacob Tender like this.
  19. I'm digging the long-hair, don't care look on Jeff.

Analog Drummer and irthesteve like this.
  20. My partner and I finally caught up last night after 2 years of watching from the start. We're unprepared for the week to week grind ahead when the show returns.

Holy cow, season 40 did not go as we expected it to. We made brackets and both of us were totally wrecked by the merge. I didn't bet on several of my favorite players expecting they'd be booted immediately. WRONG!

21. marsupial jones

The other day I was thinking, “I wonder what the last music or movie each person watches before they go on the show?” because it’s something that seems impossible to do and obviously isn’t as critical as food, water and shelter, but on top of probably having one last big feast with family and friends before being gone for 39-45ish days (including travel and anything else they have to do before the show actually starts) I wonder what they would listen to last?

I think I would go with “Everything in Transit” by Jack’s Mannequin but it might depend on how I’m feeling in the moment. Going over a month with no music (whether purposefully listening to something or just music in commercials and YouTube ads and shit) would be super weird.

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. Analog Drummer

Regular

irthesteve likes this.
  23. Analog Drummer

Regular

I also always wonder if they eat til they’re almost sick before they get on the boat for episode 1

24. marsupial jones

i get both sides of the extremes: eat as much as you can to build up extra fat and mass that you will quickly lose, or reduce your food intake to try and prepare and adapt for life and meals on the island ahead of time. Although wearing yourself down to nothing and THEN going to down to even more of nothing would probably be real dumb lmao

25. Analog Drummer

Regular

I just remembered my friend was a chaperone for Australian Survivor ( not letting contestants pre talk in Fiji for a week before actual game starts) I’ll pick her brain on what their routine was leading in

marsupial jones likes this.