Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Survivor (CBS) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 10, 2016.

1. nfggc10

It definitely gives the season a better chance at a deserving winner but I prefer final 2 much more from a strategy standpoint. It makes the vote at the final 5 much more crucial which isn't as important when there's a final 3. There tends to be a solid alliance of 3 that just knocks out the 2 outsiders and cruise to the final 3. With a final 2 it forces the strategy piece to continue until the end.

I'd have to go through each final tribal vote but I'd imagine final 2s have had more drama than final 3s.

2. devenstonow May 6, 2016
    (Last edited: May 6, 2016)
    devenstonow

Noobie

Strategically, Final 2 puts way too much emphasis on the final immunity challenge. Case in point, Pearl Islands(fresh in my mind because I'm rewatching with my roommate): It was Johnny Fairplay's game to lose, and Lil pulled a herculean effort out of nowhere
    Amazon:
    Rob Cesternino being voted out is another example of this, though that season's storyline is super swayed by the edit/there's a conspiracy theory that since the bootlist leaked with Matt winning, the season was edited to make it look like he'd win and to make Jenna look less deserving. Not very credible and there's some things that discredit the theory a bit, but something to think about

Kyle is hk likes this.
  3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

For me, only Tai and Aubry have legit claims to the win. Next in line would be Cyd, but I really don't like her so I'm hoping not.

devenstonow likes this.
  4. GameOfThrones

Regular

Cyd should win, she has no allegiances. There's no alliances now other than Aubrey and Joe and she would love to take him to the final because he's a goat. They should make an Idol that can bring back a recently voted out player :blush:

5. devenstonow

Noobie

End game(but not winner/bootlist) spoiler:

Speculation is that Neal either comes back into the game to make a 3 person FTC or gets removed from the jury as part of a reward

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wtf is this even supposed to mean, none of that makes any sense

7. irthesteve

Michelle > Tai > Cydney > Aubrey > Joe

8. devenstonow

Noobie

Exactly what it says.

Basically:
    If you aren't aware, Season 32(this season) was shot prior to Season 3(Second Chances) due to the whole America voting thing and needing to start production of S31 right after the cast was revealed (season 30 finale). Season 31 Ponderosa videos had random b-roll footage not of the castaways; it's since been realized that this was footage from Season 32 Ponderosa. This was discovered due to a shot of heavily-tattooed legs (Jason's). There's a helicopter shot of a group of people, and it (so far) matches the jury perfectly, as well as matching another minor spoiler of someone who doesn't get voted until at least the finale. This wide shot does not include Neal. It's unlikely he'd enter the game, but speculation is that Michele wins a reward, and that reward is to remove one person from the jury; so this wide shot would be from the 'new jury' returning to Ponderosa
    Basically, I only give a shit about the spoiler community because it /r/survivor have awful opinions and read way too much into Edgic

9. irthesteve

Ahhh, now I get it. There is zero chance Neal would come back into the game. But removing a jury member could be interesting, especially if someone get medievaced and the jury needs an odd numbered jury for 2-person final. Or Neal just wasn't in that shot for some reason. many options.

10. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Is there any precedent for something like that? It sounds pretty far out there and also kinda stupid imo.

Edit: didn't think of the even/odd numbered jury thing. That would make more sense.

11. devenstonow

Noobie

Pearl Islands would be precedent for returning to the game (albeit not from the pampered jury; this speculation would be that he doesn't actually play, moreso that he just presents at FTC), but there's no precedent for someone leaving the jury; even James Clement showed up with an IV in Micronesia. It doesn't seem like they need to medevac someone from the Jury; Jason apparently spent a few days in the hospital when he got back. Though, there is supposed to be a third medevac, who is not in that picture. I'll spoil that in a separate spoil bubble. But there is precedent for a Final Two with an even number of jury; Micronesia (where the twist was having a Final 2 - RIP Cirie's chances of winning Survivor). It'd be an interesting twist

Rumored third medevac is poor ol' Joe

Also a contestant for S34 (filming right now) leaked. Not really exciting Just a female district attorney from NY state or something

In conclusion, I know way too much about Survivor.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  12. GameOfThrones

Regular

I didn't read any of the spoilers but you should probably send in your application

13. devenstonow

Noobie

my goddamn roommate wouldn't drive me to the closest audition (two hours away) this past september.

otherwise i would be chilling in Fiji rn excited to see all the news on absolutepunk.

also, i would probably get heat exhaustion on the walk to camp the first day.

then again, my increasing sedentary lifestyle over the last few months wouldn't have happened if i knew i was going to be on survivor

14. irthesteve

I'm gonna watch all the Ponderosa vids on my lunch break right now

15. irthesteve

Oh shit, I had no idea about this. Julia lied about her age to the other players, said she was 22, but in actuality she turned 19 during the game

16. Schooner

Trusted

Actually really liked Jason. Seemed like a nice guy deep down.

Ponderosa was hilarious when Scot jumped out.
    What the hell is Jason doing putting tooth paste on his teeth and then brushing. Never seen that in my life!!!

Still confused why he was no longer called Kyle

17. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I'd ducking hate it if they removed someone from the jury.

18. devenstonow

Noobie

This episode had a ton of weird editing

19. devenstonow

Noobie

20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

This is a pretty fascinating finale. I think this is the first time I legitimately have no idea who will win. I guess Aubrey is the favorite. But there's pretty much zero alliances in the final 4 so it could go a million ways.

21. irthesteve

I actually am good with all 4 of them, they've all played the game their own ways but definitely have played and deserve to be there

22. Jusscali

Secret male participant? Hmmm.

23. devenstonow

Noobie

I don't think it's secret so much as unknown. There's speculation for the theme that could lead to it (and there are some people that for some reason think its Latrell Sprewell....

Rumored themes:
    Division by occupation (similar to Worlds Apart, but more specific)
    "Mirrored' people (ie. there are two lawyers; one would be on each tribe, the 'secret male participant' would probably be a Youtuber)
    And one, which has some credibility as a rumor, Conservative vs Liberal or Democrats vs Republicans; playing on the election year/also explains all the people with religion-based occupations.

Schooner likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Ha, election year would be random, but cool.

Schooner likes this.
  25. Tomozaurus

Regular