Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Superstore (NBC) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Sep 28, 2017.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah that was a lot more depressing than I thought, I knew Jonah wouldn't go but I thought it was going to be on a lot better terms than that. I kind of respect it

2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah that was a sad episode

3. Curious what they do with Jonah from here, it’s gonna be tough if they want to craft a romantic resonance to rival the arc they just spent 5 years building

4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Yeah I’m really unsure where this show goes the rest of the season, much less if they do future seasons after this. I have faith in them, i just can’t think of a parallel. Cheers, maybe?

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The Amy/Jonah romance was weird. It had a very solid "would they/won't they" and build up...but once they were a couple it was just kind of dull. And to weirdly end up bad terms like that was an odd choice.

Show's still good, excited for more of the side characters to get more screen time.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. A (semi) saving grace is that they never really put too many eggs in the Jonah/Amy basket. The show tends to focus on what’s going on with the store much more than what’s going on with them personally. IIRC we never even really see them outside of the store, and while they’re working their characters are mostly forced to keep it professional

edit: yeah, this sorta echoes the post above

7. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I’m hoping that, if they do give him another romantic interest eventually, it would be someone outside the store in one of the grassroots organizations he gets himself involved in as he continues in his efforts to unionize. If it’s not going to be Amy, a romantic interest who shares the same values seems like the proper path to take his character down. It could also lead to him ultimately leaving the store to return to Chicago - as was hinted at in this episode - with the intention of joining organizations there that will help other employees get out of the same circumstances he and his coworkers are currently in. Show is important and underrated as hell in this regard.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

he shouldn't get another love interest, he should die sad and alone like the rest of us

Dave Diddy, trevorshmevor and Nyquist like this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Also this.

10. Gonna miss Amy, but I'm curious to see where they go with this. I think the show and characters are strong enough without her.

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That caprese salad joke is the type of joke you can only land a few seasons in. Amazing.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Not surprising, still a bummer. Looks like they're still working on the season so hopefully they'll be able to finish it properly

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah as long as they get to end it knowing it's going to end I'm alright with this show ending, 6 seasons is a good run

Hopefully America Ferrara can clear her schedule to come back for the last one or two if she wasn't going to already

15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

really gonna miss this show when it's gone

16. trevorshmevor Dec 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2020)
    Yeah. While I wouldn’t say this is a show I really highly anticipate new episodes for, it always feels good to see one pop up. I’ll definitely miss catching up with the Cloud 9 crew every now and then

I will not miss that theme music which always comes in suddenly and at like 40x the volume of the rest of the show

meggers, I Am Mick and angrycandy like this.
  17. Show had a good run. Consistently enjoyed it every season.

18. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah I wouldn't put this up in my Tier 1 list with The Office, Parks, 30 Rock etc but I've definitely enjoyed it and have seen every episode

19. Importer/Exporter Dec 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2020)
    Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

For me with the Thursday Night NBC comedies i liked enough to watch all of, it’s:

Community
    30 Rock
    Superstore
    Good Place
    Office
    Parks

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

If the A-tier for me is Community, Parks, The Office, The Good Place and 30 Rock I'd put this as B-tier

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yes

Garrett, Nyquist and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Pemberton rules. Happy to have him back for that.

Nyquist likes this.
  24. He crushes it every time he’s on screen and Cheyenne is my favorite character on the show by far. Very into that

angrycandy likes this.
  25. Hmm those characters are fun, but a show centered on them? Bo has brought some of the biggest laughs, though.