Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supernatural (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by NewSurrender, Apr 13, 2016.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

anyone still watching this show? I'm still tuning in after eleven seasons. Granted the show isn't as good as it once was but I've quite enjoyed the last few episodes and the Castiel/Lucifer/The Darkness storyline

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I had been reading that this season was a reinvention and was actually kinda great.

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I need to get caught up on all of this current season, but very excited to do so!

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I used to watch this show weekly but couple season back I moved to binging whenever I ran out of things to watch. This season has brought it back to a weekly show for me though, great resurgence!

5. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I feel like this season is definitely stronger than the last one involving the Mark of Cain. My personal favourite of the series were seasons 4 and 5

6. I think that's a pretty big overstatement but it has been better.

7. jjnunn118

Confirming a wildly popular 5 year old fan theory in the cold open was pretty bold.

8. Haven't watched the most recent one but I did just watch the one before that (with the cicada zombies and the new hunter couple) and really enjoyed that.

9. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Last episode was fantastic and probably the best of the season

10. I think this season so far has been better than anything since season 5.

11. Wow at last week's

Had no idea Carter-as-god was an old fan theory but then again I've never really engaged with online Supernatural fandom outside of my ap Supernatural thread

12. Kevin!

be still my heart

13. jjnunn118

Yeah this show is handling the god thing surprisingly well.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Huh. Googled who God was. Wasn't expecting that.

15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Another great episode! The last few episodes leading to this finale have been the shows best in years

16. I was about seven episodes behind. The season wasn't really doing it for me, so I put it on the sideline as I finished up the semester. So, so glad I caught up. Definitely the best this show has been since season five. Best dialogue the show's had in years.

17. That last episode was... satisfying. I was going to say anticlimactic, but then I thought about it more (and read some opinions on Tumblr) and I think it's a really good season finale for what it does in regards to all the character arcs. I like that more time was dedicated to providing closure for the current season than for setting up the next; Once Upon a Time can learn a thing or two from Supernatural so it doesn't kill the big bad two episodes before the finale only to spend the rest of the time setting up the next season. Overall, I'd say this was the best season of Supernatural since 5. I said the same thing about season 10. Things are looking up.

18. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

So I haven't kept up with Supernatural since Season 6. I felt like seasons 1-5 were it's own complete story, and the stuff after has been something else. Season 6 didn't do it for me so I kind of fell off.

Can someone sell me on why I should go back to check out the ones I've missed?

19. I honestly can't justify trudging through four entire seasons of mostly mediocrity to see the return to form in seasons 10 and 11, especially if you've already lost interest. Seasons 6-9 do have their moments, a handful of excellent episodes here and there, so maybe you could get away with jumping around a bit skipping the bad ones.

Huh. Just found this.
    Most important episodes of each season. • /r/Supernatural

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  20. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Thanks, but what I'm hearing is that I should at least get back to 10. Gotcha.

21. I actually thought season 10 was terrible. I remember liking season 8 though and season 9 started pretty good but fell off pretty quickly.

22. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I liked season nine. Ten was not the best. Eleven was okay, a bit slow to start but the second half was incredible and hust had a very good finale. I think everyone has differing opinions on the quality of the seasons but the concensus is seasons 1-5 were the peak

23. as_we_learn

Tomorrow's Just Too Late Prestigious

I enjoyed the latter half of this season. Also, Rick Springfield being Lucifer is ugh. Just let Pellegrino be Lucifer.

24. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I've been considering watching this show after seeing billions of pretty cute gifs from it. I've never seen an episode, though - is it worth jumping in at this point? I know there's a heaaavyyyyy backlog to watch through if I do this, so idk.

25. I'd say go for it cus you have the best coming at you the first half of the show. Seasons 1-5 kinda feel like it could have just been the show and the fifth season is brilliant, so if you think you're up for getting through at lest that much I think it will be rewarding. Then going past that it's more hit-and-miss but still some good stuff.

as_we_learn likes this.