Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

SuperM Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

SuperM have the number one album in the country this week:

The set, which was released via SM/Capitol Records on Oct. 4, launches with 168,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 10, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 164,000 were in album sales.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is the first time in years I have never heard of the top charting band/artist. I feel old.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Same. Absolutely no idea who this is.

Mr. Serotonin and ncarrab like this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This has been happening to me regularly this year, so I’m convinced that I’m just old.

Mr. Serotonin and tyramail like this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Was just about to chime in saying that while I’m not super hip to the current music industry, I’m pretty aware of all the ‘top’ artists and this one has me absolutely stumped. Glad to see I’m not the only one.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh it's K-Pop, that explains it lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. They're very new as well, I'm just aware of a few known male idols (Taemin!) being in it so it kind of is a Kpop supergroup.

8. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

This screams of being paid for. Not anywhere on iTunes or streaming charts.

9. Spenny

Regular

^It's a mixture of an album redemption/concert ticket bundle for their upcoming arena tour, plus a million merch packages that were sold for release week.

Most people haven't heard of them because they were just announced as a group in early August of this year, but the members are all pretty well-known and from some of the biggest k-pop groups. Not surprised this did well given all of the circumstances, plus the fact k-pop is blowing up around the world. Personally, not a massive fan of the release, but one or two of the tracks are enjoyable enough.

Petit nain des Îles and Zilla like this.