Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

I thought this was a really fun episode. It was odd how quickly Kara accepted Mxyzptlk, though, calling him Mixy and seeing him as more silly than a threat, but I can forgive that for the Hamilton references. I really am liking Mon-El and his journey. Between him, Miss Martian, Maggie, and Lena, this season has been amazing for adding new characters. As crazy as it would have sounded before the season began, I don't miss Cat Grant which is a real testament to the show.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah this was definitely a fun episode but I'm kinda missing the reporter stuff especially Ian Gomez

3. I'm digging this potential Winn/Lyra relationship. Next week's ep looks intense.

4. The car flip stunt was pretty damn cool. The audio on my broadcast was cut out for like half the damn episode, so I was reading lips and facial expressions for a lot of it:redanger:

stayillogical likes this.
  5. I really hope they don't make Lena a villain, as that would seem so antithetical given what they've accomplished with M'Gann on a thematic level. Not all White Martians are genocidal, not all Luthors are xenophobic. Not all Muslims are terrorists, not all Christian white people are Neo-Nazis.

(Still a couple episodes behind)

lightning13 and Raku like this.
  6. This show is really fleshing out and building its relationships, which is nice. Loved the Star Wars moment from last night's ep. Next episode isn't until April 24th for whatever dumb reason.

7. Dodge725

Trusted

This show is awesome. It's a shame that I think they're about to send Mon-L to the future to start the Legion and break him and Kara up. I wish this wasn't going away for a month but at least Riverdale is back to tide me over.

8. Cool to see Rahul Kohli (iZombie) in this. I hope we get plenty more of the old journalist curmudgeon. I always enjoy the banter between him and Kara.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

welp. i think @xkhiemster's fears are well placed now lol

10. Dodge725

Trusted

I would be ok with Lena's turn happening in Season 3, but her relationship with Kara and her showing she's actually a good person have been so strong, if she turned now it would be too much of a 180. If they devote the first half of next season to it I'll be much more onboard. I think a cool stinger for this season would be her discovering Kara is Supergirl and feeling betrayed/lied to.

Raku likes this.
  11. Lena no!

Joe likes this.
  12. Also way to go Floriana Lima holy shit

13. Good drama in this one. Alex turning her pants into a makeshift floatie was impressive.

14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I guess you never did a lifeguard merit badge class haha

15. Hey, it's that kid from This Is Us! Good episode for James. I'm wondering if they're gonna ditch Guardian altogether now.

I had no idea it was a thing ha.

16. Dodge725

Trusted

I hope it's the end of Guardian, not because I dislike him, but I want Batgirl to take over his role soooooo much. Kara and Babs/Steph together in live action would be one of my favorite things ever.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Greg

I've done it with jeans and a shirt. It was one of the requirements for the merit badge. Oh, Boy Scouts. Does anyone still do it? I never see any. Maybe it's just my area.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. I'm sure it's a known thing and I'm just ignorant.

19. Greg

I only know it from the merit badge. Otherwise I would be right there with you.

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Who were Win and James referring to when they mentioned Superman's masked friend? Batman?

21. Definitely a batman reference. Winn gestures the pointy ears I think.

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I totally remember doing this. Had to swim and float by yourself too for a certain amount of time.

23. Cat Grant is the best.

ghostedaway likes this.
  24. Cat Grant being more hammy than ever, I love it. Also enjoyed Agent Danvers doing the Trinity ha.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This show needed some Cat Grant. Loved her speeches throughout. Also, they definitely seemed to pull out all the stops for the casting in this episode.

Here's my review in case you want all my thoughts on it haha. 'Supergirl S02E21: Resist' Review | Comic Book Blog | Talking Comics

Raku, Colby Searcy and Joe like this.