Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Raku

Regular

I am so happy with this choice that I'm really excited right now XD

I can't wait to see how he pulls off being Clark Kent/Superman. I did like him in Teen Wolf when I watched that show (I kind of stopped watching the show after the season they killed off that main girl character (Not going to say her name to avoid spoilers)).

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Meerkat, Whalejaw and Tim like this.
  3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

[​IMG]

4. He looks awkward in that pic. He was great in Everybody Wants Some though, so I'm looking forward to his take.

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely kind of an awkward poster. Something about his costume looks off to me, and I'm not quite sure what it is. Still excited for this though.

6. We're getting a Flash/Supergirl musical crossover ep.

Tim and St. Nate like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Guess it was only a matter of time.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty excited about this. Should be entertaining at the least.

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My goodness, yes, please.

10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'm all aboard.

11. Raku

Regular

Not really a fan, but I'll give this idea a chance. I'm hoping it will be good even for people like me who don't like musicals.

12. Tim

Kevin Smith is directing an episode this season.

Here he is, announcing that fact while also pouring out some classic Kevin Smith praise:

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's so funny that it will be called Supergirl Lives.

14. Tim

image.jpeg

Supergirl and Lynda Carter. This makes me super happy.

Deanna likes this.
  15. I don't know how I missed this but apparently Miss Martian has been cast and confirmed for this season.

16. Tim

St. Nate likes this.
  17. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

i'm already so excited :verysad:

Tim and St. Nate like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Started this yesterday at work and should finish today, it's alright so far. Plan to stream S2 premiere next week.

19. This scene from ep.8 is still my favorite from S1. So many feels!

20. The premiere was unbelievably good.

Raku likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I loved the flash crossover last season. They were smiling And laughing in every scene they had together.

Raku likes this.
  22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This premiere was absolutely perfect! I was really worried that Superman would feel forced into the show but man Hoechlin looked so comfortable in the role and really sold me on him being a part of this world the whole time. That Superman is the complete antithesis of Cavill and Snyder's take on the character, just seeing him and Kara laughing and smiling together and trusting each other as complete equals. This premiere made me so happy! This is the DC we deserve.

Raku likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Thoughts on the premiere:

1. Thank fucking goodness this show is home at the CW where it belongs.

2. Melissa Benoist is still an endless source of joy to watch. She has made this character her own and, in my opinion, will forever be the measure against which all future Supergirls are judged.

3. The show is trying to aggressively drive home two points: first, that the move to the CW has not been detrimental to its special effects budget (unless they shot it all on this episode, of course); and second, that Superman is now a character on this show, you guys, really, don't forget it. Honestly, I appreciated how season 1 kept Superman totally sidelined because this show is called Supergirl and is about Kara trying to forge her own path without needing assistance from her cousin. I don't know how involved he's going to be going forward, but I hope it doesn't get too much in the way of Benoist being the focus of the show. That said, I love Tyler Hoechlin's performance. It's so refreshing to watch Superman being portrayed properly in visual media again.

4. This was a solid premiere in general. Can't wait to see how Lena Luthor develops as a major character on the show; the focus on female actors in major hero and villain roles has always been one of this show's greatest strengths (cough cough Calista Flockhart cough cough). Also so hyped for Metallo next week.

Raku likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is it cool to just jump on now? I watched about half of season one and the crossover. Not sure I want to go back just now, but I'm willing to keep up from here out.

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I say yes because Cat Grant.