Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Really only the first 3 episodes were a little rough. From the Livewire episode onward the show clicked with me completely. It's certainly just as good as season 1 of Arrow and Flash, and even though it's far from perfect I think it does a lot of things way better than either of those shows in their current states.

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Really interested in seeing what The CW does with this. I think by the end of season one, they really found what they were going for. Plus Melissa is just fantastic as Supergirl.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I definitely like Flash most out of comic book shows on TV, but Supergirl is a close second. Melissa is literally perfect, and by the end I liked every single other cast member. I loved the Kara/Alex dynamic; I went from hating Cat to adoring her and thinking she was the second best character; even Winn, who I didn't care for, had great moments and ended up being a tasteful example of moving from crush to genuine friendship. This has been said to death, but this show is everything cinematic Superman should be but never will be for as long as Snyder is in control.

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't agree more with this.

Tim likes this.
  5. Kara's final showdown with Red Tornado (S01E06) and her confronting her mother's hologram about using her to capture Astra (S01E08) are two of my favorite moments in any superhero show and two of my favorites tv moments period from last year. Both moments sold my Melissa Benoist, who I think is the best lead, if not at least on par with Grant Gustin, on any superhero show. So even when I don't think the show is at its best, she pretty much always delivers.

6. Superman is being cast for season 2.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to see Tom Welling take up this part again, even if it has nothing to do with the previous "Smallville" universe, although I know that's unlikely..

St. Nate likes this.
  8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

If John Wesley Shipp can be Jay Garrick, Tom Welling can be Superman.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  9. And then Ray Palmer can crossover to help Kara and Clark rescue her father and we'll have a former Superman overload.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  10. Not related to the show, but Supergirl is in this, and she looks badass.

11. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

yes and yes. I've been waiting for this.

12. Miss Heartcore

We just interviewed Ed Boon for a special we're doing for my network and the trailer makes the game look even better. I didn't play Gods Among Men, but I would definitely want to play this one.

13. Nice! That is very cool. Ya I've only recently gotten back into actually playing video games, so I didn't play the first game, but I'm interested in playing this one.

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I never played Injustice, had no idea what it was about until today. I've only been interested in DC heroes the past year or so, so I'll probably pick up Injustice 2.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

CBS turned down the pilot that Welling was just in, soooooooo

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Jus
    Just saw that. I really want this to happen. Smallville was always one of my favorites.

17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Raku likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. It doesn't seem like right now he's planned to be in it too much. But definitely waiting to see as well!

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Haha I just really, really wanted to see Tom Welling return to the screen in that role. I loved Smallville so much.

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I know a couple people were mentioning that on some sites. I never watched Smallville really. Just caught pieces of it here and there.

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. Well if you ever need anything to binge watch (there are 10 seasons), I'd say it's definitely worth starting from the beginning.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha I'll consider it once I binge my list of shows that have fewer seasons than that.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  24. Miss Heartcore

Raku and Deanna like this.
  25. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Good choice for Superman IMO.

Raku likes this.