Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

HYPE.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Woo!!

I hope they acknowledge the change in some meta reference like Kat Grant did in the crossover.

Tim likes this.
  3. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Lol what: moved to CW. How random

Raku likes this.
  4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

It's not really that random given that it's a Berlanti property and tied into BerlantiVerse.

I'm super excited this gets a second season, but I'm really nervous they're going to lose Calista Flockhart

Raku likes this.
  5. Tim

Is that a possibility? If so, they should give her an annoyingly emotional farewell episode, lol.

6. Cat Grant is the only character the show can't afford to lose (besides Kara obviously). I'm thrilled about the renewal though. This is by far the best Berlantiverse show on right now.

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. Meerkat

I heard some rumors that in her contract it says she has to be able to stay close to home. So if that's true, it's a possibility.
    Oof I disagree with this. I don't think the show could lose Alex/Chyler Leigh. The Kara/Alex relationship is a very big part of the heart of the show. I don't think it'd be the same without them at all

Raku likes this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

From Hollywood Reporter's article on the renewal: "Following a strong take-off, the show co-starring Calista Flockhart — who, despite being adamant about working in L.A., agreed to remain on the series with its move to Vancouver — came back down to earth and finished its 18-episode run with an average of 10 million total viewers"

'Supergirl' Renewed for Second Season — at The CW

Raku, Meerkat and Tim like this.
  9. Meerkat

A single tear just slid down my cheek

10. Yay!

11. Raku

Regular

I still don't know how they're gonna make this work? Are they gonna put them on the same earth as Arrowverse, or will they still be on "earth-3"? Glad they aren't losing anyone is this move though. I'm also worried about how Martian Manhunter's true form will look on the CW because they did a really good job with him when on CBS.

12. Meerkat

I think they're still going to be on their own earth. I have a feeling we'll get a Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow crossover next season.

Money wise, they're going to end up saving money by shooting in Vancouver instead of Los Angeles but it's most likely going to have a smaller budget. I'm not sure if the money they'll save being in Vancouver will even out the loss of budget or not

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Excited for this move, I haven't been able to follow this show due to it not being available on anything but CBS's streaming service. This move hopefully means the series will be coming into Hulu so I can start watching!

14. Rico Suave

I'm surprised it lasted more than one season. So I guess those still watching should be happy it's on the CW.

I might tune in if it improves and appears at a different time though. I was too busy invested in Gotham.

15. Tim

By a third of the way in, it was better than the dumpster fire that is Gotham. By the end, it was top tier.

Raku and Whalejaw like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah... Gotham is still a thing.

Raku likes this.
  17. Rico Suave

I suppose you're in the minority as Supergirl's ratings continued to sink until tying a series low for their season finale. For as much as CBS hyped this show, that's a disaster.

Thus, it's been bumped to their lower tier network in embarrassment.

18. The normal CBS demographic is not the type to watch this show, and yet it still earned more points in the demo than Gotham and had twice as many overall viewers. Not that ratings are at all relevant to anyone other than advertisers. Such an embarassment though.

Jdaniels, Henry, Raku and 1 other person like this.
  19. my head hurts reading those

also CW is a much better network than CBS. What year are you living in?

Raku likes this.
  20. Gotham's not a dumpster fire, it's one of the few comic shows that doesn't take itself seriously and tries to be crazy. Supergirl is not top-tier, thought it's had some top-tier moments.

Really liking the potential little Justice Legaue CW is building.

Jdaniels likes this.
  21. Dodge725

Trusted

Gotham just doesn't make sense in its timeline. How do all of those villains show up while Bruce Wayne is 10. Completely negates one of Batman's best themes: is he responsible for the emergence of his villains? I'm glad other people can enjoy it, but that's not something I can reconcile with as a viewer.

As far as the Supergirl move goes, I'm glad to see it back and love the idea of more crossovers, but I'm worried about the changes this could spell for the show. I don't want to lose any characters or have lots of restrictions on effects or have it get darker and more melodrama to fit better in the CW-Verse. By the end of the season, this was/is my favorite superhero show and I don't want to lose that because it doesn't fit perfectly on CBS.

Raku likes this.
  22. Meerkat

I'm definitely nervous of the show losing its tone. I think they do a great job of being super fun and goofy while still allowing darker moments. You pretty much never get to see characters as fun and sunny as Kara also get to explore anger and feelings of failure. I really don't want the tone of this show to shift in either direction

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  23. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

To me Supergirl is easily the worst of any of the superhero series currently airing, I'm surprised it would be anyone's favourite

24. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I found the first four episodes of Supergirl terrible. The Red Kryptonite and Flash crossover eps were good though

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  25. Meerkat

Once it found it's footing about halfway through the season, it became my favorite. Like I said above, characters like Kara (more specifically, women in general) aren't usually afforded the duality of being happy go lucky and strong while at the same time being allowed to thoroughly explore feelings of grief and anger. I think the last half of this season was easily better than Arrow's first season.

St. Nate likes this.