Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is true. Their scenes together have been great all season.

Melissa Benoist has especially been perfect all season. I tend to base my enjoyment of superhero media on the casting of the lead, and Benoist's Supergirl is everything I could ever want.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

[​IMG]

Raku, gonz (Alex) and Tim like this.
  3. Tim

[​IMG]

Henry and gonz (Alex) like this.
  4. Meerkat

"85% chance of punching" is one of my favorite lines to come out of any Berlanti superhero TV show

Tim likes this.
  5. Tim

[​IMG]

6. Tim

WHY ISN'T THAT GIF COOPERATING.

7. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Supergirl has the second best chemistry with Barry aside from Felicity. I loved him on this.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Rumors floating that the show may get moved to The CW.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Not mad about that.

More details:

The network would like the show to come back, sources close to the series say, but there’s a problem. The roughly $3 million per-episode price tag CBS pays to broadcast Supergirl — one of the highest license fees ever for a freshman show — isn’t quite justified by the ratings. Thirteen million total viewers tuned in to the heavily-promoted premiere back in October, but about half the audience bailed over the season, according to Nielsen.

That has set the stage for a last-minute stare-down between [CBS boss Leslie] Moonves and Warner Bros. TV chief Peter Roth. CBS will announce its fall schedule in two weeks at the upfront presentations in New York, so the clock is ticking to hammer out a deal.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. Miss Heartcore

this would please me greatly, mostly because of more Barry/Kara moments.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Makes sense. Show definitely took a huge ratings drop over the first season. Feel like it would fit well on The CW, if they scaled back the budget per episode, and I'd always be down for more crossovers with The Flash or even Arrow.

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Would love more of those moments. They have such good chemistry.

14. Miss Heartcore

I would say the best chemistry with a female aside from Felicity (tear)

Thankfully Iris is less terrible than she was in season 1...however I wanted to laugh at Barry's reaction when she finally told him how she felt.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

The crossover was so good in regards to showcasing that chemistry. Will be very curious to see what happens in the next two weeks with this show.

16. Raku

Regular

I'm confused how this is going to work (if they do bring her to the CW). Aren't they in different universes? How will they make that work?

Either keep everything the same as is, or do a (possibly soft) reboot (which would mess things up).

17. Meerkat

Super girl takes place in BerlantiVerse but on a different Earth.

They've also hinted multiple times that they could do a crossover with Legends because the time ship can not only travel through time but also to other Earths. The only issue with the network switch would be the potential that they move production to Vancouver which would be a big move for a lot of the cast with families and such. I'm curious to see if the network switch does happen if The CW would let them stay in LA

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

"It was up to CBS Corp. chairman Les Moonves, who is holding all the cards in the situation since the company controls CBS and the programming on the CW, to make the call whether Supergirl would stay or not on CBS and whether it would go to the CW. Being based on a DC property, if it moves to the CW, Supergirl would remain solely owned by WBTV and not a co-production with CBS TV Studios as the original CW series automatically become."

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It would be really awesome if they did some kind of Crisis type mini-film or something to unite all of the projects into one universe.

20. Meerkat

Would love that because I am completely desperate for Kara to interact with Sara and Felicity

21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Maybe a big crisis like event could make Arrow good again.

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Kerrbs, St. Nate, lightning13 and 3 others like this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yes!

24. Hopefully all the main cast returns.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the move is going to be the best bet in regards to the longevity of the show.