Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Supergirl (CW) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Crisis on Earth-X starts tonight! I'm excited, y'all.

Mary V likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’m pumped! I will watch it delayed as I am going to see Coco tonight.

3. First 2 eps of the crossover were so much fun! They really put a lot of effort into the big actions scenes, and I love it. So many cool character moments.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Alex and Sara!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to put more opinion into my recaps (not sure how well I'm doing with that, though). So here's a good chunk of my thoughts on the episode: Supergirl season 3, episode 8 recap: Crisis on Earth-X begins

Definitely loved Alex and Sara together. So fun. I'm glad the casts from all of the shows seem to get along so well on and off screen. I think it makes for a super fun time.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Raku

Regular

This crossover makes me want to see Earth-1's Kara even more than before...

Although, maybe with the lack of Superman on Earth-1 could be a sign that Krypton hasn't exploded, so Kara wouldn't be on Earth-1 in the main Flarrowverse universe.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This has always been my theory. The Krypton of Earth-1 has to still be intact.

Actually, the CW Justice League having to save Krypton-1 would be a goddamn great idea for next year's cross-over.

8. This is back tonight.

Also, 'Supergirl' star Melissa Benoist addresses Andrew Kreisberg firing

9. So, after last night's ep, this show is taking a 9-week break so Legends can finish its season. I like both shows, but this really kills season momentum. CW has too many shows now ha.

10. Bringing on Laurie Metcalf and having her fight CGI flying monkeys with the gang is a hell of a way to bring the show back lol.

11. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I don't appreciate how bad the karaoke was when Winn and Kara have such great voices. It was such a tease. Do bowling instead then. They were toying with my emotions there.

Colby Searcy and Mary V like this.
  12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Moving to Sundays in the fall

13. Anthony_

Well, that sucks. Sundays are already packed enough with shows as it is. I really liked the original setup they had with Supergirl-Flash-Arrow-Legends on Monday-Thursday. Wish they'd go back to that.

14. Raku

Regular

To be fair, it is the first time CW will be airing anything new on Sundays.

I guess they figured it would be best to have one of their lineup staples to draw attention to that night, and help (hopefully) boost ratings for that new day that they will be airing shows.

15. Anthony_

If their goal is to get more eyes on the show then moving it to the most stacked tv night of the week with a ton of competition, from a night where it doesn't really have any real competition, is a bad idea.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Knowing the shows it'll go up against on Mondays for the first month of football season this is actually a good idea to begin with

17. I... totally forgot I hadn't actually watched the last two episodes. Finally got around to it.

S3 recap

Good:
    -Sam/Lena
    -J'onn/M'yrnn
    -That one Winn-centered episode

Okay:
    -Alex/Ruby
    -James/Lena
    -James coming out as Guardian

Bad:
    -Kara/Mon-El
    -Mon-El/Imra
    -Basically anything involving Legion

I am totally not okay with the Winn/Brainy trade-off.
    But I am definitely okay with Mon-El leaving. And kind of okay with J'onn leaving.
    They killed the Asian dude. Way to be consistent, CW.

I liked this season, but it was a mess and could've easily done without Mon-El coming back with Legion. He ate up allllll of Kara's screentime, so she was barely involved with anyone else. We did get some really great relationships outside of that, though. Sam was such a great character, and her friendship with Lena was very well done. M'yrnn's storyline constantly made me tear up, especially towards the end.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ghostedaway likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

A lot of folks on Facebook are really pissed about the new character. I'm not sure I understand what they expect. I'm guessing they are just going to lose the shitty fanbase that carried over from CBS, which is fine by me.

Reading Peter David's run is great. The character is radically different, but has some incredible moments. This issue was all about stopping human trafficking in Asia. A nice break from the normal superhero stuff.

[​IMG]

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Raku likes this.
  22. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Raku likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Raku likes this.
  24. ghostxvapor

Trusted