Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Troopers 2 (2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Beerfest is my favorite and it was released when I was in college so it was a perfect pairing.

Larry David and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Read a review saying it starts strong and falls apart a bit at the end

3. I’m reading that if you like the first you’ll like this. It’s very much a continuation of the first.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I enjoyed it. Not everything landed for me joke wise, but when it did I laughed fairly hard. I had fun watching it and that’s all I was really expecting.

As for Pot Fest, that was just a joke. It wasn’t a serious idea. But these days it might be a better possibility to become a real thing. Heard that on ID10T.

JRGComedy and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Was it 95% Canada jokes?

6. shea

RIP Supporter

About to walk in to a noon showing. Overshot how early I’d need to be here to use MoviePass by about an hour and fifteen minutes..lol.

oldjersey and suicidesaints like this.
  7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Yea Im moviepassing this tomorrow night and Im not too worried it will be sold out.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was worried about it being sold out tonight, so I'm thinking about leaving work a little early and trying to go around 5:30. So far, looking on Fandango, it doesn't seem like it will be a problem.

9. shea

RIP Supporter

I'm glad I saw this for the nostalgia factor, but I'm also glad I was able to use MoviePass. I really tried to temper my excitement, and it's not that I thought it was bad at all...but just...meh..it was just okay. Most of the physical bits got a good laugh but a lot of the jokes seemed to fall flat.

Probably didn't help that there were maybe 15 people in the theater. Hoping I'll enjoy it more when I go with my wife next week.

10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Movie is performing way better than expected. Estimated at $6million for the weekend initially, and made almost $1.5mil last night alone. That’s about what Blockers made before making $20million its opening weekend.

Dodger likes this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it was fun. Not hilarious, but I enjoyed spending another 90 minutes with these characters.

For a cult comedy sequel, 17 years later, it's pretty solid.

Dodger, shea and JRGComedy like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Did you follow through on that plan?

suicidesaints and Larry David like this.
  14. shea

RIP Supporter

I know I was sort of down on it before, but a friend of mine saw it and said it was “fucking terrible” and that he slept through it.

:sly:
    How do you know it was terrible, tho??

I like your take on it. Couldn’t really ask for more considering what the movie is.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I absolutely did.

Not 100% sure on the measurment of the soda, though it was close.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  16. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I had so much fun with this. As suicidesaints said it was just fun being with these characters again. Hopefully it does well so we can get more.

17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

OMG huge fan of the first from opening day. Just saw this and it was terrible. Barely worth a moviepass. Never need to see it again. So said.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ah c'mon. Barely worth a moviepass? You must not being using MoviePass right bc I've seen at least 10 worse movies with MP

Dodger likes this.
  19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I dont know dude, this wasnt even worthy of the Broken Lizard name.

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just got back and it was better than I expected. Completely weightless, but still fun

Dodger likes this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This was pretty bad unfortunately

Kellan and NJPunkMusic like this.
  22. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I feel like they ripped that heartattack joke from Brooklyn Nine Nine. Though it probably wasn't originally from that.

This was...as bad as I was expecting but I dont regret seeing it.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  23. NJPunkMusic Apr 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2018)
    NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I saw this super drunk Saturday night and the only thing I remember was being super disappointed. I may see it again sober and hopefully remember some of it and enjoy it more. But as of now, I basically hated it.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I went into this pretty high and with low expectations, but even then I didn't laugh too much. A lot of the jokes just seemed lazy. It had its moments though.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Y'all are bummin me out fam