Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

3 stock no items are my go-to rules when doing tourneys with friends

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The dark one seemed shorter to me at least, plus it's divided into three different special areas instead of a giant map (the one in the bottom left was super fun imo).

After you get through the dark side there's yet one more area but it's much smaller

tdlyon likes this.
  3. JRShoenberger

Trusted

This and stages set as battlefield.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. This is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

5. What do people do about the final smash meter thing? We don’t play with it on. (No items of course.)

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

No final smashes of any kind, ever.

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I use final smashes and items, always. Otherwise I might as well play Street Fighter.

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Use items and such when just fucking around -- especially in group games -- but in a 1v1 it's all about seeing who's better

9. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, if I’m playing with a group, I don’t mind having items and final smashes on. It’s hilariously chaotic and fun. I won’t use a final smash to win tho. But if it’s 1v1, no items, no final smash.

10. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Same rules here, if I leave items on in 1v1s it becomes even more one sided as I constantly have advantage and get all of them

11. The Lucky Moose Jan 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

To each his own obviously but to me item and stage management is a huge part of Smash. It’s part of the Smash skillset.

RobbieBerns, Fucking Dustin and Shrek like this.
  12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I like stage morph most of any of the extra new things

Justin Roux and The Lucky Moose like this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

14. Ugh server maintenance. Wanna try pirahna plant against people

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So now that I've played Piranha Plant, I still don't know why they chose him.

16. Because pirahna plant is great duh

FrankieThe4th and Joe4th like this.
  17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

How long does it take to get the DLC code? I only just registered my Smash now lol.

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Oh shit is the plant out? I gotta register my code

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Got the game in December and got my points for it then. Where do I get this code? I read that it would have been sent in an email. If that happened in December it's long gone.

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Bought it in December but the DL code email was from 1/19. I just searched “Pirahna” in my email and it came up

21. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Oh crap. I didn’t think Pirhana Plant was dropping immediately with the update.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I have no email. Checked my junk mail too. I'll have to try and contact Nintendo...

23. MFA Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    MFA

Actual patch notes! K Rool nerfed is pure sadness but ganon and lucas buffs baby let's fuckin go

Edit: Link here for those curious

ECV, incognitojones and JRShoenberger like this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The fact they nerfed him is upsetting.

25. MFA

I think the up b and neutral nerfs were justified, I've gotten so many dumb kills from offedge neutral special into stage return with up b from 0% but the down throw nerf is really upsetting, his kill moves are often pretty lackluster without reads and the downthrow side tilt combo was my go-to