Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 85

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. ahh didn't even think to

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

And then ganon just obliterates me

Alright this is for all the marbles

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

if you're able to just let me know. i got booted out again of this ganon/kirby match.

4. zigbigwig

WE'RE AT THE END! great finals, last set last match

5. I'm not sure how tbh

6. zigbigwig

haha when the match ends there's a button there that says "Save Replay" when you press "Y"

wait who is ochainz lol

EDIT: oh no i got booted out again

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

GG

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

incognitojones likes this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

There's a big difference in fighting Ganon without platforms. I was mostly afraid of that Samus coming back.

I feel, first off, like a grand champion, but also very impressive for Oakhurst to go 7 different characters, all of them really solid

10. zigbigwig

yeah massive props to oak for that crazy versatility. definitely made the finals very interesting.

Congrats to @incognitojones for being the first chorus Super Smash Tournament winner, and for proving that Kirby truly is sturdy enough to be the only one to survive World of Light.

11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

@Jason Tate I'm gonna need a custom Smash Champion tag below my avatar, please and thank you

12. zigbigwig

i was able to save a few matches (some of them i got booted out due to bad internet unfortunately).

thanks to everyone for joining and powering through the tourney. i'll take some time to refine the rules and find ways to make the next tournaments fairer, clearer and more interesting.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m ready for tournament #2 already. That was too much fun

ikanacanyon, sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The Link matches I felt were the most even and interesting, that's a matchup I've really struggled with so it feels good to come out on top 2-1 in just those even if they were all close

I feel like Kirby has a great matchup against Lucina and the other Fire Emblem cast in general (not Ike tho, fuck Ike), Marth creates some range issues and Chrom and Roy can land some stupid kills, but there's such a huge advantage in the air and edgeguarding.

I have no idea what happened that Samus match, I couldn't land for shit and never got anything started.

The other ones were fine and could have probably gone either way. Great great games, great tournament, I'm sitting out the next one but maybe I'll come back for some later ones.

15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

going out on top, I like your style.

bummed I missed it but following along after the fact was almost just as good. makes me feel better that oak knocked me out in the first round and made it to the finals.

incognitojones likes this.
  16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Congrats @incognitojones

I’m glad the lessons I taught you back in round one took you to champion. I feel honoured to have been a literal punching bag

17. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

God I'm so bad at this game

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Getting a hand of Shulk and he fuckin rules. One of the best characters tbh

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I tried non Kirby characters and I just got demolished online, I don't know who else to try out anymore

CrumbDonuts4Me likes this.
  20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

His edge guard game is insane. Throw on jump for those early stock punishes and then speed for that gnarly final stock humiliation.

21. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Is there a way to sort the stages? Like scrolling stages, floating stages, etc.

22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Have you tried characters that share some similar moves to Kirby that you like? Like:
    Chroms UpB
    King Deedeedee jumps
    Mii Brawler DownB

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I was playing Dedede and getting just overwhelmed

Maybe I have to play against computer's for hours to even get familiar before trying online

24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Smash Conference is streaming now if you want to watch some high level stuff: Twitch

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah. I’ve also been doing a lot of classic mode runthroughs with increasing difficulty.