Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Roy is so hard to approach, if he recovery wasn’t trash he’d be great.

K Rule seems very broken so far.

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. Closest I've gotten so far is somewhere in the 8s. How many characters did it take you? Also, did you die at all during it?

3. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

K Rool is so much fun I love him

4. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I used my last two classic tickets to get 9.8 with DK. Not sure how I'll get that 9.9 now.

5. I did it with maybe 10 characters before Cloud, closest I got before that was 9.2 with Pikachu. Didn’t die at all, and got really lucky in one fight against Wolf where the AI killed itself while I was on the ropes lol

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I've been using Link and Luigi a lot. I hate they changed Luigi's grab. The vacuum is cool but it's more difficult for me to grab fighters now.

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

He had such a good grab before

I might try more Mewtwo and Marth later. Also love Isabelle, dark Samus, and King DeDeDe. There are just so many options.

8. i hardly utilize the grab and it's a big weakness of mine

JRShoenberger and incognitojones like this.
  9. Drew Baldy

Trusted

My buddy who has played Luigi in both Brawl and Wii U versions has the exact same complaint.

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Young Link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Link

Fucking Dustin and ECV like this.
  11. Been cycling between Cloud, Ryu, Roy, and Young Link for the most part so far. I’ve mained Sheik since melee but she feels weird to me in this game for some reason and the muscle memory feels off. Need to practice her more.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah my rotation has been Pit, Young Link, Cloud and Ridley. Really want to give more characters a try though, I think it's impressive when you play with your friends and you are able to kick ass and switch characters every game haha.

ECV likes this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

14. Young Link is soooooo good in this game. He’s so fast!

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Young Link is good and is one of my best but better than Link? No way. Nu uh

17. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I saw a couple of pages back that there’s a tournament in the making, and if it’s not too late I’d be interested in joining. If it is, though, I’ll just start getting ready for if/when there’s another!

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Who’s running the tournament now? We should make a private room and run king of the ring in the meantime

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

give me a day to make sure everyone who put their names in can participate and then i’ll set up the brackets

chris, incognitojones and ikanacanyon like this.
  20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

dude that match with the 4 goddamn Warios who spam dash attacks was stupid

Little Mac caught me off guard with how fast he was. And I missed the fact that the lights above the ring can apparently fall down and kill you lol

RT

AndrewSoup likes this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I feel like I'm bad at this but I got Little Mac on my first try so who knows. I haven't played a Smash title since Gamecube.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Does the difficulty of character unlocks depend on the difficulty you've been playing at?

Like if I'm dunking on level three CPUs will I have an easier time with my unlock fight than if I'm trying to grind one out with a level five CPU?

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

idk what controls the unlock difficulty, but Peach and Zero Suit Samus have been the most difficult to beat so far

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I feel like the difficulty for the unlocked characters is randomized each fight.

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

there's a match with FOUR dashing Warios?? i only fought the one, on the Bridge of Eldin (spirit of that Twilight Princess character)

and i actually beat Little Mac really quickly oddly enough, lol. i was using Richter and i just continuously stayed on him til i pushed him off the left side of the stage.
    Mega Man is kicking the everloving SHIT out of me though holy shit