Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

forgot to customize the button layout and struggled through my first fight, lol. comp is only at 5 tho so i still won. got Ness!
    should we do spoilers for how/when unlocking characters? i don't know if anyone really cares that hard on that, but i don't wanna ruin the surprise just in case anyone does

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I think Ness is my favorite Smash character. But I got Villager tho so that’s awesome.

3. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

How the fuck did I wake up this early on a hangover, now I need to wait for an hour and 15 mins to go to the store and pick it up, also picking it up for my friend who's very ill today cus he can't leave the house hah

4. MFA

Also lucas is my fuckin BOI

5. AndrewSoup

i have fallen off the edge of a map at least 4 times now because APPARENTLY i don't know how to grab a ledge...

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

im struggling so hard doing short hops with a joycon

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

first time ever getting to play smash online and this is the most fun I've had with a game in a while

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  8. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Holy shit so am I. But I’m currently attributing that to the fact that I haven’t played Smash in 2 and a half years. Gotta get my muscle memory back.

9. AndrewSoup

i'm re-getting the hang of all this i haven't played Smash on a console since Brawl. i don't think i'm ready to go online and get humiliated by strangers just yet, lol. i've lost to COM's already a few times.
    very grateful for this Challenger Approaching feature, allowed me to go back and make up for the fact that i fell out of the map while fighting Bowser

10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Haven’t played smash since like 2010 and I’m utter trash, I can’t face anyone like this

dadbolt and AndrewSoup like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

just played a couple online matches and i did better than i thought! got 2nd both times in some 4-player rounds. lag got pretty bad at times though.
    i LOVE playing as Inkling, i've been fighting really well with them. i just need to get the hang of the side-B move, you WILL roll off the edge of the map with the roller if you aren't careful, you don't stop, lol

12. MFA

I've fallen in love with K Rool

13. AndrewSoup

ahhhh, i really wanna play K Rool!! i wonder if there's a particular order you unlock characters in, or if you see certain challengers if you do certain things

14. MFA

I got him by playing classic with Link if that helps!

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. AndrewSoup

ugh, gotta put this down and go to SLEEP i guess, that's a thing human bodies need to do for some reason...

16. LuigiPeppercorn Dec 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2018)
    LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I dont understand the strategy to beating the final boss in link's classic mode. I attack and nothing happens. I move and no matter what he ends up on top of me

edit: i did it

oldjersey likes this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Apparently I suck at Smash. I don't remember being this bad. I also hate playing in handheld mode. I wish the joycons had the directions in the analog sticks like the GameCube controller.

18. MFA

All my muscle memory is coming back. Can't wait to get ike and fuckin slam all my friends all over again

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Downloading !

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I just woke up time to get up and get out there

dadbolt, Joe4th, oldjersey and 2 others like this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

still getting used to playing smash after pretty much not having touched it since a few months of smash wii u at launch. having a blast, there's a ton to dig into here. i'll probably buckle down and cheese the unlocks soon but i'm kinda having fun periodically unlocking characters instead of rushing to get them all out, gives me a little time to get reacquainted with the old ones and test out the new before the roster gets overwhelming large. so far the biggest surprise is that i've unlocked maybe a dozen characters and still no fire emblem character, so i guess i'm due for like four of them in a row soon.

also still freaking out over joker, never in a million years expected him and i'm so fucking happy.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Using the pro controller. It took me about 15 mins to get used to before I felt decently comfortable with it. Unlocked my main Pit pretty quickly which is bad news for @LuigiPeppercorn.

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I can't believe I have to wait until after work to play this. Adult is generally awesome, but this part sucks.

25. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I can’t play until the end of the day ughhhhhh

incognitojones likes this.