Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Release date: too far away

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Figured it would have been closer to the Nintendo Switch Online launch in September.

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I know they very likely won’t, but it would be awesome if they add a few of the other heroes from BOTW

Someone from Xenoblade 2 would be awesome as well

An Arms character is possible

Can’t think of anything else

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I wonder what other game modes they are planning on adding.

Also they did confirm amiibo functionality will be the same as before right? I have loads of amiibo so I’ll probably try training all of them.

7. cwhit

it almost feels like an unfinished demo looking back

8. White Jun 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2018)
    White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Character predictions:

A new Pokemon I'd argue is a foregone conclusion
    A new Xenoblade character
    A new Fire Emblem character
    Possibly an ARMS character
    Waluigi (he might've already shown up as an assist trophy though, I've missed parts of Treehouse. Edit: Apparently he is indeed an assist trophy. I don't even care about Waluigi, but that epically sucks.)

Long shots:
    King K. Rool (primary villain from a flagship series, but he also hasn't been in a DK game for a while, which is a sizeable strike against him imo)
    Spyro (a very iconic character in his own right, and with the trilogy remaster coming to the Switch, the relevance and opportunity for cross-promotion is there)
    Tails (his inclusion in Smash is kind of a meme courtesy of that EGM article from way back in the day, and given the theme of "Everyone is here" I could perhaps see him showing up as a nod to the aforementioned)

I can't really imagine much else. Despite the complaints about the lack of newcomers, Nintendo is kind of running out of reasonable options.

Penguin likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The N64 SSB would be better if the controls were not so blocky. N64 has a great catalog but it’s accompanied with the worst controller in Nintendo’s history.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I do prefer SSB 64 because it's slower and has smaller levels. I'm not a fan of how huge some levels on Melee and the others are, plus they're so fast that I can't get a hang of it. I know I suck at them, but those things annoy me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Plus there's way too many items and other shit going on during each fight.

12. 5 stock no items is the only way to play

cwhit likes this.
  13. cwhit

i like some items but yes, i agree for the most part

14. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i don't think this got posted here yet

i'm only halfway through but i gotta go to work. really looking forward to this in SIX MONTHS :/
    wondering if they'll add any more new characters in dlc later

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Give us Toad please

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like the new looks for Link and Zelda. Young Link being playable again is cool too.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. White

Twitch

Smash Invitational starting shortly

18. White

Bayonetta confirmed still a huge asshole.

Dear god why.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Sub, just bought a switch and I'm hyped for this

Also have been following the pro Smash scene and have no where to talk about it, Plup is sick

oakhurst likes this.
  20. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

aaaand I now feel vindicated in not buying the DLC characters on Wii U. I will ignore them until I pick up a switch.

This game has me really hyped.

21. Folks, I’m about to play this game. Praise be.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

TAKE NOTES

23. Ridley is a beast! I played as that inkling character too, but couldn’t get comfortable with them in one match.

Also, they let us play 4 1-on-1 matches. I finished and literally just got back in line lol.

incognitojones and sean_rugy like this.
  24. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i mentioned this in the nintendo thread but i think there were some missed opportunities for Zelda Characters. i think its funny in the presentation when they got to Zeldas character they said "in BOTW Zelda was mostly interested in research, so we decided to make her look like [insert old zelda title]".... but wait.... Zelda was fighting Ganon for like 100 years straight in BOTW lol.
    also, why make 3 links? why not add some of the champions from BOTW? Woulda been so fun playing as a Goron champion.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i mean, they didn't "make" three Links so much as keep the two current forms and port Young Link over to the new title and rebalance them/give Young Ling a Final Smash. the game seems to be more intended as a celebration of Smash past while addressing some of the lingering gripes from 3DS/Wii U more than a step forward.

but i agree those would've been cool. would not be surprised to see a smattering of DLC here and there but it's just as likely we won't.

Joe4th likes this.