Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I just had a harrowing thought.

If this game is titled any permutation of 5uper 5ma5h Bro5, I’m gonna be so fucking annoyed.

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. tvck

Trusted

I'm calling a simple "Super Smash Bros Switch"

3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Super Switch Bros?...

I’ll see myself out

tvck likes this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Switch Smash Super Bros

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wonder how this game will differ from Smash 4 graphically

6. White

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

in a parallel universe Switch released on a December 25, with smash as a launch title, and I posted Merry Switchsmash and everyone liked it.

Penguin and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. zigbigwig

This needs a bump.

9. White

Thank fuck.

oldjersey likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

They seem to know not much needs to be changed, which is good. Nice tweaks, pretty cool every character ever is available. I like the ability to switch many levels with platforms or none. I also LOVE the gamecube controller lol.

11. zigbigwig

i still can't believe they were able to include every fighter.

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Need to see that Invitational stream later to see what directional air dodge results in.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This feels like Sakurai's swan song. I'm so excited for this. Wish it was coming sooner.

I also love that you only start with the original N64 characters and the rest need to be unlocked.

Aregala, oldjersey and zigbigwig like this.
  14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh helllll yeah. I didn’t get to watch live but this is great news. I love unlocking the characters, and they’ve been doing less and less of it with each game.

Penguin and Joe4th like this.
  15. zigbigwig

also a fan of that. it's less overwhelming to start the game, and such a great throwback.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. White

So, I'll be the entitled dickhole to whinge about this: I'm concerned about the potential dearth of new content. Sakurai already confirmed we won't be getting too many newcomers, and that coupled with only seeing 2 new stages puts a mild dampen on my expectations.

I'm obviously still crazy excited and having a "complete" Smash game is a beautiful prospect, but the relative lack of novelty is kind of disappointing.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

RyanPm40, justin., zigbigwig and 2 others like this.
  18. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Sad as it is that we're not getting much new content, embarrassing all my friends by wiping the floor with them with pichu is tantalising

Also RIDLEY

19. Having all the fighters is cool. Ridley looks cool. Ecstatic that their keeping the gamecube controller.

incognitojones likes this.
  20. Also, I'm going to E3 tomo, and playing this is my #1 priority lol.

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

it depends for me how long the unlocks take. I'd rather not have to spend 20 hours playing the game just to get to play as my fav character.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

SSB 64 >

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the N64 SSB is so overrated and pretty easily the worst in the series by a large amount

trevorshmevor, sean_rugy and Joe4th like this.
  24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah the original is mostly just nostalgia value. Looking back, the leap from that to Melee is astounding

incognitojones and cwhit like this.
  25. Do we have a release date yet?