Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 111

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol yeah Byleth is the only choice that makes sense. For no other game have they chosen a secondary character over the main /most prominent and recognizable character

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Right. You don’t have to like it, but acting like this is a dumb or odd choice doesn’t make sense.

Penguin likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Neither was Bayonetta

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Certainly a more famous character than Astral Chain Protagonist

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

More of a reason to add them then. Boost their popularity

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s also odd that a franchise where the highest selling game in the series only has 2.5 million sales is represented with the 3rd most characters in the game and makes up 1/10 of the total fighters of an 80 character roster. FE being a massively well-known franchise is kind of not true, it has a niche audience. It’s sales are not impressive despite every smash bros, except the first, advertising the latest game.

7. The Lucky Moose

2.5 is a lot of for a game like FE lol

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s my point. The franchise sales are so low that the highest selling game in the franchise is 2.5 mil. Compared to dozens of other Nintendo IPs that is low.

9. Furry Werthers

Trusted

isn't Fire Emblem a much bigger deal in Japan? I know it isn't huge over here, but I was always under the assumption it was a pretty popular title there.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

Yeah which why I highlighted early that it is an international Nintendo franchise. A lot of the characters people are asking for literally nobody in Japan gives a fuck about and that’s Nintendo’s home market no matter what people might think.

11. oakhurst Jan 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2020)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Everyone knows Japan gets priority. Even in Japan the games sell much less than other Nintendo IPs with much lower representation in smash. No matter which way I look at it, the inclusion of another FE as DLC doesn’t make sense. Sakurai just has a need to include every protagonist for that franchise whether it’s needed or not.

I hope Sakurai includes more western characters in the next phase of dlc. So far its only been Banjo and to a certain extent, King K Rool. As Smash is now a “celebration of gaming” it’s silly to barely have any western recognition, as there are many characters that deserve to be in it.

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I would like to say I will get the Byleth DLC, despite my disappointment in it. The stage seems cool and the character might end up being fun.

13. The Lucky Moose

Is it Silly or is it just what he wants the game to actually be

Penguin likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

He’s stated the game has now become a celebration of gaming, but if he wants 99% of the characters to be from Japanese games then it becomes silly for him to have that mindset.

15. The Lucky Moose

So now we are arguing semantics, because maybe in for him gaming is mostly about Japanese games

16. The Lucky Moose

Also this might very well have been management

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I highly doubt Sakurai thinks gaming is only about Japanese games. That would be a weird and ignorant mindset for someone of his status to have. Sakurai doesn’t seem like someone that would be that way. My guess is Nintendo listed Byleth on their “list” and due to Sakurai enjoying the franchise that’s why he was chosen. I think it’s been confirmed Nintendo came up with a list for Sakurai to choose from.

18. Drew Baldy

Trusted

oakhurst likes this.
  19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Byleth sucks and so does their name.

Picks that would be much better choices:

Kiddy Kong

KiddyKongImageDK3.jpg

Boshi

yoshi-clipart-sunglasses-128267-9901075.jpg

Wiggler

36c73f9663164db2e03333e0c8476c24--mario-bros-super-mario.jpg

Derek Stiles

765568-933018_20061116_001.jpg

Mona

Mona_Gold.png

The Z/S piece from Tetris

Z.jpg

MFA, Allpwrtoslaves and Drew Baldy like this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Got Byleth and the cuphead costume. Byleth is kinda boring and the stage is alright. I like the cuphead costume more.

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Byleth is much more of a heavy than I expected. Way too slow for me to ever really feel comfortable using

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So what’s the best way to unlock fighters? I thought it was adventure mode in Spirits, but it’s taking sooooooo long. Then I saw on reddit there’s a way to play VS that if you go to a stage, walk around, and then re start the game it makes it faster? Sounds really annoying. I just wish there was a standard mode to only unlock new fighters by fighting them.

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just did adventure mode. Which is horrible.

24. It didn't take that long to do in versus mode but I forget what triggers fighting a new character

Cameron likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah not a fan. It takes way too long to unlock fighters. I’m constantly unlocking spirits