Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 109

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

There were so many interesting choices and they chose the ultimate copout

Doesn't matter in the end I guess but it's still hilarious

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Using the bow/axe/spear is at least a different approach. Plus utilizing the sword’s whip ability. Though I would have preferred they do something more with Sothis, like similar to what they did with Joker/Arsene

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

However the invincibility you get from using the axe seems way too OP. It withstands a falcon punch?? I have to bet they’ll patch that to make it weaker soon enough

5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I'm happy with Byleth but I've also put 200 hours into Three Houses so I'm a bit biased.

How about that Cuphead costume though?

AWasteOfATime and theagentcoma like this.
  6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Now I’m bummed Cuphead isn’t a full character, that would have been way more interesting.

Bummer, they only had new franchises to this point so this is a big let down.

7. I didn’t play Three Houses but the one character saying “too many swordsmen?” was funny as hell

I don’t mind Byleth, all of the DLC characters have been a lot of fun to play, even Terry who I wasn’t familiar with beforehand. Definitely grabbing fighter pass 2 when it goes on sale.

8. soggytime

Trusted

Well, see you guys again in 3 months for the next new fighter

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Sakuari has the biggest boner for FE. It's kind of gross.

10. Joe Jan 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2020)
    I like FE as much as the next person, but I'm pretty meh on the Byleth announcement. Haven't seen any gameplay, so hopefully they're at least somewhat different.

Agree that a different character like Petra would've been more interesting. Lysithea would've been cool.

11. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Something that Sakurai and I have in common!

Considering that two of the FE fighters are echos, it's not THAT bad. At least with Robin onward, we've gotten some unique characters and not just Different Marth. Byleth looks like a fun character to play as and thats what matters to me.

Penguin likes this.
  12. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Byleth uses the Heroes Relics in addition to their Sword of Creator. Areadbhar is used for the side B and side attacks/tilts, Aymr is used for the down B and down attacks, and Failnaught is the neutral B and neutral air. We finally get to see bows, lances, and axes represented in Smash which is great, and the Sword of the Creator doubles as a whip with an up B can be used to grab enemies in mid-air and grab ledges which is really cool.

Byleth is a heavy hitter that thrives on spacing but has some big weaknesses in their KO moves that can be countered easily. Their down B move has super armour that can take a Falcon Punch which is wild. I think they'll make for a fun Smash character.

Penguin and Joe like this.
  13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

im literally in the middle of playing this game (60+ hrs) and even i was like wow really lmao

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Definitely not thrilled with the continued FE over-saturation, but anyone who thought the player character from the latest instalment of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises wasn't getting in was fooling themselves.

At least none of the remaining 6 fighters will be FE characters maybe.

15. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I definitely think that there would be less backlash if Byleth wasn't the final character of the pack. I can see how it's underwhelming because people expect that they're saving the best for last. Hopefully the next 6 characters satisfy a lot of people.

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Trash trash trash

17. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

byleth is awesome and three houses is one of the best games in the series so im down with it. i can see the issue with the oversaturation though, ultimately i just think the problem is more that there's 3 awakening reps when there really only needed to be one, and that the fates rep is like the lamest character in the franchise. they should have gone a more interesting route though and chosen edelgard, but then youd see the infighting between stans of different houses and thats one of the few things thatd be less palatable than dealing with all the "no one knows who that is" idiots.

Penguin and DeathOrGlory like this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They just didn't need any more FE.

19. StepsInADance

nah they definitely needed three houses in there

Penguin likes this.
  20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

If another FE game releases between now and Dec 2021 you can bet your ass they’ll add another character.

21. StepsInADance

just you wait for the geneaology of the holy war remakes, seliph will be the last dlc character.

also if you think theres too many pokemon i would start preparing myself for another because theres no way the next dlc pack doesnt include a new pokemon rep.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No they didn't.

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The reason Fire Emblem characters suck is not because they’re from the same franchise but because they’re mostly all the same. The differences between Marth, Lucina, Roy and Chrom are all pretty negligible, and Ike is just a heavy version of them. At least Robin and Corrin have unique move sets

Like, nobody complains about the large number of Pokémon because they’re all really different except Pikachu/Pichu.

24. StepsInADance

well byleth looks like it plays differently, so it shouldnt be a problem, right?

25. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Lucina and Chrom are just Echo Fighters brought in due to popular fan demand so they barely count as fighters imo.

Penguin likes this.