Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch, December 7th, 2018) Video Game • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Banjo is cool and all but the Dragon Quest powers look so fucking interesting and unique. Like Robin and Shulk combined

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This means that "leak" of the DLC characters is wrong right? The one that had like DOOM and Halo characters or something? That's a good thing imo

Crash Bandicoot for Smash

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

oakhurst likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Just getting DQ music is worth it even if the character turns out to be bad, which I doubt

theagentcoma and ECV like this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I don’t think Master Chief is true because they won’t add two Microsoft characters at once. I do think he’s a pretty solid bet for future entries. As is Minecraft’s protagonist. As far Doom Guy goes - how many unannounced characters are left? Two? I don’t think Doom Guy is taking one of those slots.

Personally I think a new Pokemon or a new FE character could be one. Maybe a Yo-Kai. Maybe some Capcom character. Box Boy SHOULD be one.

6. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Would love to see a zelda villain as that series is sorely lacking in representation outside of clones, but I sincerely doubt we're gonna be getting any first party representation in this pack. I'd love an indie rep but that feels more like a pipe dream

incognitojones likes this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

If the first 3 are any indication, they've all been from unrepresented series. So as much as I'd like like a Paper Mario, I think they're adding new games with this round of DLC. Cuphead might be possible, but after Banjo I'm satisfied and they can do whatever.

MFA likes this.
  8. MFA

My want of DLC has been thoroughly sated by Banjo. They could add 8 bit mario and steve and tony the tiger from now and I wouldn't give a damn

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I do find it weird that Nintendo chose the DLC, not sakurai, and they chose Banjo. He hasn’t had a game on a Nintendo console in 2 decades almost. I was expecting Nintendo only to include characters that had games recently or coming out in the near future.

10. The Lucky Moose

I mean, he’s a Nintendo icon that was sold, plus Nintendo and Microsoft have been very friendly recently, so it does make sense. Plus people kept asking.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They probably did really well in the poll. With this reaction the old games should be playable on the switch, if that wasn’t in the works already.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. MFA

Na Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters/games/series to choose from for DLC and he picked out the five making an appearance - while it wasn't his list, it's still his character choices.

incognitojones likes this.
  13. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Trying to think of who else from a never represented franchise could be added. I see at least one more nostalgia pick, maybe Rayman?

14. Banjo trailer made me so happy. I’m not a Dragon Quest but my friend who loves the series and platinumed XI earlier this year was stoked. Very excited about the music from both series making it in.

15. I think Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil, a Hunter from Monster Hunter, and Dante from Devil May Cry all still have good shots of getting in

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I have a feeling this will be the only one, tho technically Dragon Quest as a very old series counts as well.

17. The Lucky Moose

Not this time, but sure, Rayman is definitely a likely Smash candidate.

18. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I thought earlier Leon might be a good bet too

ECV likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nintendo made the initial list. If Nintendo never listed Banjo as a possibility than Sakurai wouldn't have chosen him.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I doubt Rayman will make it since he's in brawlhalla

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I would still like to see Lara Croft

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’d kinda prefer if they chose more cartoony characters instead of more realistic characters.

More Banjo and less Snake.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The dragon quest character feels like max complicated, texhnical, seemingly a ton of options and hard to learn. Banjo Kazooie feels like straight forward cartoony fun and easy to play. This game is great at striking these balances.

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Isn’t Rayman an assist trophy? Would that preclude him?

I know it’s super niche, but I’d love Andy from Advance Wars (or another character from that game)

25. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

ikanacanyon and Fucking Dustin like this.