Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch, October 27th, 2017) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kevin360, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

In the wooded kingdom, there's the section with three tanks, and the wall that has a bunch of breakable stone that looks like it'd open up a path to the top of the section. when I was playing last night, I captured a tank and fired at it for a long time but it wouldn't break, yet it seems like the other tanks would miss me and break the stone. any insight or was I just not doing it right?

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

You are definitely not doing it right but I'm not sure how. You are supposed to break it, it's pretty easy actually!

Joel likes this.
  3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

If it’s what I’m thinking of there’s a shortcut to it from another world.

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

yep the painting in the lake kingdom

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I found I‎t. Thanks guys.

VanMastaIteHab and Joel like this.
  6. what

Regular

The pig tailed broodal has that murderous psychopathic laugh that every good villain needs. A+ Nintendo

7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

just beat "the story" and now getting ready to put in 200 hours to 100% this lol. This game is perfection, and how the story ends is just insane lmao

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. I love new donk city so much

matthaber likes this.
  9. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

This game is the best, can’t wait to hop back on.

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Man this is so fun. 84 moons and haven't even gone to Metro Kingdom yet. Just spent about an hour trying to get as many moons as possible in Cascade Kingdom. Even the small kingdoms are a blast to fuck around in for longer periods of time.

If the hint toad doesn't have anymore hints, does that mean I've gotten all the moons that I can get at that time?

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Believe the hype, New Donk City delivers.

zigbigwig and Kevin360 like this.
  12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Thought I was going to New Donk City and then, y'know. In the middle of Lost Kingdom and had to surrender the console to the girlfriend

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

@ComedownMachine I was a little stoned last night and as soon as I got home today I realized I was solely shooting at the non-breakable environment for like five minutes... sigh

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

About to start NDC... here I go

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I like being a caterpillar

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Having fun jumping off taxis while on the scooter and taking snapshots. This game is pure joy.

19. zigbigwig Oct 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2017)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Haha the first time I heard that I immediately pressed the save video button after and I found myself laughing hysterically and yelling.

It was amazing.

what likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

I’ve never felt so validated as a gamer.

This game feels like Nintendo making a roulette of the most out there things they could get away with if added to the game, and then halfway through spinning it decided to just throw all logic away and added them all in anyway. But at the same time it has the best nods to old game (might even have the best one).

2017 might be my favorite year in gaming in a long time just for BotW and Mario and Switch.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. Bless the switch

zigbigwig and sean_rugy like this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I’m out, rather be playing Mario.

23. zigbigwig

In the Sand Kingdom there is a glowing cactus near the Pyramid, by the edge of the map. I have no idea what to do with it. I tried possessing it but no luck. Also tried ramming through it with a Jaxi and then ground pounding.

Anyone knows?

24. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Pretty sure ramming it worked for me. Maybe this is a different one though

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. zigbigwig

Figured it out. I knocked the cactus off the edge of the map the first time haha.

Thanks.

sean_rugy likes this.