Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch, October 27th, 2017) Video Game • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kevin360, Oct 23, 2017.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I hate the free running races in each kingdom. I' so bad at most of them.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, I got that part but I was still having trouble nabbing all the fruit while avoiding both the lava and spikes haha. I didn't try for very long so I'm sure I'll get it.

3. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Basically your best bet is to get as many as you can before dying haha. You only need to get each one once so once you die you have it

Joel likes this.
  4. US Camera

For almost all of them mastering the dive/cap jump/dive move makes a huge difference

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The ones I've done have all had an alternate route you can take using captures that makes them a lot easier. Not sure if that is just the ones I've happened to try or a running trend.

6. dorfmac

Trusted

I finally got to the jump rope you all were talking about. Impossible!

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Finally beat the jump rope. Good lord.

8. US Camera

9. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Haven't broken down yet, but tempted to use the talkatoo glitch to get that moon before its patched.

10. recall reality

:-O

Signifire, Snewt, SpyKi and 1 other person like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wtffffff bruhhhh

13. dorfmac

Trusted

That’s what I did tonight. I wish there was one for volleyball too, because I’m topping out at 48... I find it harder to use the 2 player method than the cap toss.

14. US Camera

Didn’t know there was a jump rope glitch. Fucked up at 101 but just barely nailed it

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I just did the jump rope in like 3 tries, did not have much trouble with it at all lol. The first time I got 98 and was really pissed at myself for not getting it first try.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I fucking hate the Snow kingdom races. I’m so bad at them

17. US Camera

It took me a while to get good at this. I basically button mashed until I did it enough times to get a better strategy

18. dorfmac Dec 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2017)
    dorfmac

Trusted

It's gotten to the point where grinding for 999 moons is getting tedious. I feel obligated to 100% it, partly because it's a $60 game, but mostly because everyone has always been talking about how great it is and I feel guilty for just thinking it's ok...

I'm a little over 600, so I'm thinking I can get it all done within the week.

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m just not good enough to get most of them haha

20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I doubt I'm gonna 100% this. Too many of the minigames are just too tedious. gonna at least try and do all the non mini-game or advanced boss battles though.

21. US Camera

So if you wanna grind but not ~grind~ you might wanna stop after you get every objective Moon and not go up to 999. Getting 999 is mostly grinding coins and I mostly did it to be able to tell myself I did it

22. dorfmac

Trusted

We'll see what happens. I've already mentally given myself the out that as soon as Skyrim goes on sale, I will let myself off the hook with Odyssey. I'd go right into Skyrim right now but I can't justify spending full price on a 6 year old game. I assume it will drop sometime soon, because I don't think they can justify charging that much for long.

23. recall reality

Got 100% today. Ended up just grinding coin heavy areas in the clouds that you use the beanstalks to get to.

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll be able to 100% if I can do the jump rope challenge eventually... I’m at like 630 moons and I had to skip that one

25. dorfmac

Trusted

Have they patched the cheat? I had no moral issues using it for something that's so damn tedious. I wish it existed for the volleyball too.