Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo, 2019) Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Jul 6, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

holy shit 21?! i’m not sure what trick you were able to pull, i’m going to see if i can find it.

well done

i think i have room 1 and 3 covered. room 2 is a bit tricky for me sometimes. im assuming you found a way to kill bowser jr faster.

Shrek likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the novelty of this is already wearing on me as i knew it would. the completionist aspect of Mario and getting all the star coins or stars in a level and unlocking secret paths and worlds is such a huge part of why i enjoy it and that remains totally absent here. i think id like it a lot more if more folks made traditional Mario levels instead of seeing how far they can run with one gimmick. 90 percent of the fun ive had with this game has been beating the Nintendo-made levels, and the rest has been playing all of yours and like a dash of the occasional great level in endless mode.

my prediction for a DLC style is 64. i think replacing flagpoles with stars that you can hide anywhere to encourage exploration would be a blast. could incorporate the bunny chases, penguin races. the eels could work like the Bullet Bills in 3D World mode. Metal Mario for water levels. a lot of potential.

3. zigbigwig

i haven’t searched thoroughly enough but yeah, some straightforward non-gimmicky levels is what i’m looking for too.

it doesn’t even have to be brutally difficult. just something fun and rewarding

4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

So due to my 16 month old falling on Monday and getting a skull fracture (it's minor but still scary), I haven't been able to play this in a week. I don't even remember what I was working on. I hope to get back into it this upcoming week and catch up on all the levels everyone has been making.

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I mostly look for and play traditional-ish levels. I use the search function and go from there.

6. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Just came across this list of the top returning creators from Mario Maker 1

Top Returning Level Creators in Super Mario Maker 2

Tried one normal one and it was very good but already very hard, haha. Either way, this is a pretty decent place to start if looking for people to follow.

sean_rugy likes this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Man, how is Ross not on there? He was super highly rated.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Are people just really bad at Mario? I will find levels with a 25 percent clear rate but they are on the easier side of regular Mario game levels.

9. The Lucky Moose

People die once and go “fuck it”

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

for me it's an issue of lives. i tend to play Endless mode on Expert and i find a lot of levels i like but i die 6 or 7 times and realize i still have half the level to go and while i want to keep going i also dont want to lose my run over it. miss 100 Mario challenge.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is super cool. Make sure to play all 4 of the “dates”. The idea of a Mario level that tells a story is something that never even crossed my mind to be possible.

12. The Lucky Moose

That was actually pretty frequent in MM1 when the costumes were around

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

man, I cannot shell jump to save my life. spent some time playing those grandpoobear coaching levels and I just do not get it.

I'm obsessed with playing all of the different sliding levels haha I also refuse to play this with anything other than my 8bitdo SNES controller.

someone posted the Super Mario Maker World levels that were more traditional and they were a ton of fun. saving a lot of the single player for when I'm traveling or without wifi.

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  15. chrisbarett

Hey everyone. Guys, does anyone play minecraft ? I think that this game is just perfect, I really like it. I have read that it's developing the creative skills, and it seems true. However, this game is much more interesting when played together with friends. Does anyone want to join me on my server hosted by GGSERVERS? It's very stable and doesn't have any laggs at all!

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

At least he has an avatar, went the extra mile

sean_rugy, Mrplum5089 and zigbigwig like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

NO LAGGS

sean_rugy, oldjersey and zigbigwig like this.