Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo, 2019) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Jul 6, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m so bad at 2D Mario these days I had to put a hidden question block with a fire flower in my boss run level so I could clear it

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

Oh yeah that would have been fun

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

you have so much maker points!!!!!

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Not me lol, that’s a Dan from giant bomb level.

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Two things for yall

I made a new level. Its my favourite one that Ive done so far, but I don't know that anyone will like it, haha: PQ7-TK1-DFG

This guy has remade dark souls 1 in mario maker. Very fun to try to figure out what everything is supposed to be. And just like in the real game, the only part that absolutely sucks is the Bed of Chaos: LH9-X5Q-YQF

The Lucky Moose and zigbigwig like this.
  6. zigbigwig

awesome. i’ll play it later before i start splatfest

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the Maker Mario powerup and the metal ball powerup thing are the only two maker parts locked behind story mode right?

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I’m off today and picked this up. gonna spend some time going through the story and then I’ll add all your courses.

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

using my 8bitdo snes controller for this is awesome. not sure why I never updated the firmware and connected it a long time ago.

10. zigbigwig

i played this a bit yesterday and got to 78 coins but then had to play splatoon haha. i’ll try again later.

haha those are super interesting designs. i feel like it’s very anti-Nintendo with the way new mechanics are being introduced. normally you show a new mechanic first in a very space safe and then you add the first challenge and variations later. but yours are built in a way that you have to do trial and error to figure it out, i found it amusing that you linked a Dark souls course because that is exactly how your level feels like. it shows a challenge that feels impossible to solve but you iterate (while dying) and eventually figure it out. it’s a bit more frustrating (because if you die you do everything again) but for some people that’s exactly what makes it more rewarding. also love the shortcut at the start with the pipe (with the powerup that you can either grab at the start or save for later). again feels very From Software.

not sure if you deliberately did that or im reading too much into it but i think it’s well built (even if I hate wind levels and like nintendo’s approach more)

meanwhile im stuck here doing super straightforward mario maker levels because i lack the imagination haha

StormAndTheSun likes this.
  11. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Thanks so much! I wanted to make a mario level with more of a sense of place, which lead to the more anti-Nintendo choices. I also hate wind levels, but wanted the night time theme, haha.

There is a hidden block with a bomb in it on the top level of the short cut, low enough that you can't hit it with mushroomed mario unless you are ducking. The power up is there so people dont discover it unless they come through the shortcut from the other side (its placed right above the opening the bomb makes from below). So that wasn't quite what I was going for but if it works that way, then cool. Also, there are enough coins in the second area that you dont have to do the wind area over again if you make it through.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. Shrek

took me thirty tries or so but i finally beat @zigbigwig's time on @The Lucky Moose's Boss Run course.

are there really not leaderboards for levels? most obvious shit ever

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. zigbigwig

it took me days to figure out where my followed makers are

also,

3BCE609B-D119-4B2B-BEA5-89DAE51E9395.jpeg

The Lucky Moose and Shrek like this.
  14. Shrek

15. zigbigwig

omg lol

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

Shrek and The Lucky Moose like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

I love this

Shrek likes this.
  18. Shrek

damn, idk if i can beat that one haha. we are definitely approaching a perfect run here

zigbigwig likes this.
  19. Shrek

@zigbigwig we gotta start sellin tickets to this

Screenshot_20190720-104209_Gallery.jpg

I shaved almost three whole seconds off we have to hit a wall soon

zigbigwig and The Lucky Moose like this.
  20. Shrek

another 1.4 seconds. i know i can do one more jump better but but have to leave soon

20190720_104658.jpg

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. Shrek

alright im done now

Screenshot_20190720-105621_Gallery.jpg

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

It’s so awesome that that this happened to my dumb level

Shrek likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

You guys want to know where the secret fire flower is and really do some damage?

24. Shrek

cant tell if kidding but with my current strategy i think it would slow me down unless its before room three

and no, no hints!

25. The Lucky Moose

I’m not kidding. Unlike you guys I’m actually pretty bad at 2D Mario these days, so I put one in there so I could more easily clear the level before uploading.

sean_rugy likes this.