Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super American - Sup (October 22, 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Built to Fail, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Matt Metzler likes this.
  2. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

We need a proper album thread for this. Not quite sure how this band aren't huge here.

SteveLikesMusic and Matt Metzler like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is a great album

4. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Really looking forward to hearing this, the singles have all been fantastic.

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yup yup

6. somethingisme

Third Eye Blind vibes on RIP Jeff

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Finally decided to check out these songs and I'm excited for this album on Friday.

Also, how do we get them to cover "Got You (Where I Want You)" by The Flys?

8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Enjoying this so far but doesn't sound anything how I'd expect it based on How Big Is Your Brain? Relax and float downstream sounds like it could be a you me and everyone we know song.

9. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Love this album, just wish it was longer. It reminds me of Man Overboard or Set Your Goals in the best way.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea this is great. Together and Hot Dog are my favs. More of a Matt guy, this album seems to mean more pat.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

checked out a few songs from this and they really sound like Set Your Goals huh? relax and float downstream is almost a carbon copy of SYG style

12. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Yeah during that track I had to double check my spotify to see if an old unknown set your goal song had been queued up. Didn't really notice any similarities on the rest of the album, but that one song is pure SYG.

wisdomfordebris and irthesteve like this.
  13. irthesteve

Whole album is pretty short so I'll give it a listen soon

14. irthesteve

Gave the whole thing a listen, very enjoyable!

15. Sybil

Regular

This is pretty great. Very poppy/polished.

The backing vocals and certain parts sound so much like Hawthorne Heights. It's like ThirdEyeBlind combined with a little of Hawthorne Heights vocals imo. Anyone else?

Fletchaaa likes this.
  16. Saephon

Regular

Thank you, I was trying to figure out what the vocals reminded me of! Yes, HH for sure.

Personally I'm loving this album, it's a breath of fresh air in that "young/irreverent pop-punk" way that old Blink-182 rose to fame with. In fact I'm hearing a lot of 2000's Blink influences in the guitar riffs and drums, and I'm all about it. Wish the album was longer, but leaving me wanting more is not the worst problem a record can have.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  17. WeWereGiants

Regular

Album rules, How Big Is Your Brain has been on repeat since it came out and the rest is just as fun

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is fucking awesome.

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yeah this rocks haha

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Their album release show this past Friday night ruled. These dudes have been putting in the work in the Buffalo scene for a minute - hoping this album plus the Hot Mulligan tour helps them pop off.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

what did "how big is your brain?" get featured on? on spotify it has over a million plays while the rest of the album are in the 10ks.

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

It's been out since April 2020 but must have also gotten featured somewhere

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Welp, this is all I want to listen to now. Funnily enough, I just realized I'm seeing them in December when they open for Hot Mulligan & Prince Daddy!

24. Christopher Mills

Tryhard

Loving this album so much. The first four songs are absolute bangers, but the whole album rules. Can't wait to see them open for Hot Mulligan in December!

Also, this is another great release from Wax Bodega. New label that put out the Hot Mulligan and Gates EPs this year as well!

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

how big is your brain is perfect. best third eye blind song of the year imho ;)