Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Super American – Disposable

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Super American return with their new album, Disposable. The songs are jams through and through. “Sloppy Jazz” opens the album with a high energy. The EP contains seven songs and each of them offers something to catch your ear. Whether it’s the melody or lyrics, Super American has it covered. You’ll be wanting to sing along to these songs after the first listen. And the lyrics are simple, but still thoughtful, enough to quickly learn them.

“Congratulations” is the second single the band released and it’s just as fun of a listen as “Sloppy Jazz.” The band is consistent, but they do throw in a little twist. “Missing Pieces” strays a bit from the rest of the songs. Smack dab in the middle of the EP, it brings a nice little acoustic song, which also happens to be the shortest song. It’s endearing and I’d go as far to say that it comes across as even a bit cheesy. I don’t mean that in a bad way, though. I’m a sucker for acoustic songs, so I dig it. It just might not be everyone’s cup of tea.

The band closes out Disposable on a strong note with “Rebel’s Yell.” You get a little bit of that acoustic sound back for the first half of the song or so, but then the full band comes in to close it out. The band’s previous release, Golf Pop, doesn’t quite stand up as well after listening to this release. It gives a good look at how much the band has progressed in a short amount of time, though. Disposable sounds like it’s at a much higher standard production wise. It’s already on the shortlist for one of my favorite EPs so far this year because it just sounds so good.

Super American is heading in the right direction and Take This To Heart has another great band on their hands.

2. MrScott

Been listening to this album non-stop since discovering it on the "50 Bands You Need to Hear" this weekend. It just feels so enjoyable to listen to. Highly recommended!

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Been listening since this came out, I'm glad they're on your radar! Perfect EP for the warmer weather.

4. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Don't like it as much as Golf Pop, but still very enjoyable. Still miss I Can See Mountains but this certainly helps fill the void.

5. brentkid

Regular

Happened to stumble upon this a few weeks ago and I'm really glad I did. I really enjoyed this.

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

"Dearly Beloved" possibly my top song of 2017. Those Pinkerton vibes are strongggg

MrScott likes this.