Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sunny Day Real Estate Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, May 2, 2016.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

"One" and "The Ocean" would easily make a top 10 list if I made one

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

no hate but it feels regressive

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

beyond "television" i disagree

4. the rising tide fuckin rocks

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

correct

bd007h, coleslawed and jordalsh like this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I don't hate it! I just feel like as a follow up to How It Feels to Be Something On, it's not everything it could've been. part of that is that How It Feels is my favorite and I really feel is them at their best

coleslawed likes this.
  7. i do agree that how it feels is their best

8. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

‘One’ is one of their best songs but sadly I find the album a bit too inconsistent and don’t really vibe with it

9. I reeeeeally need to give the rest of their discography a real listen through. I’ve always been so into Diary and I don’t recall anything else they did sounding like it so I kind of just dismissed their other albums and never gave them a fair chance. I don’t even listen to Diary much anymore so maybe I’ll connect more with one of their others now. I know what I’ll be doing this weekend...

jordalsh likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Def check out How It Feels. It’s their best album.

11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

if you love diary you're bound to have a phase of really really loving lp2

bd007h, jordalsh and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

(which i think is their best but how it feels and diary are both really close to it anyway)

bd007h and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This band is really something special.

Can’t believe how late I was to the party.
    Last two years I’ve been addicted.

14. Dog with a Blog

How It Feels is honestly perfect

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The bass on Pillars is so damn tasty

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

They really do have four perfect/near-perfect records, don’t they?

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Listening to HIFTBSO for the first time in a while. Incoming SDRE binge for the foreseeable future.

Cameron, bd007h, Larry David and 3 others like this.
  18. After the Mineral news this week, I was expecting this thread’s bump meant something awesome for SDRE. Teasing my heart over here!

bd007h and Dog with a Blog like this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Minerals new song is what brought me back to SDRE haha

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I’ve been on a big emo kick in general since the new song!

Jim and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude, neo506 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. doesn't make any sense at all lmao

beachdude, neo506 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  23. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

For clarification purposes – Dave’s sock drawer was meant to figuratively represent studio 606. To clarify – there are many ingredients that resulted in the abandonment of LP5. Ingredients that I had to put together myself and find out later on. One of the unfortunate elements being that Jeremy did not receive the moral support as well as engineering that he deserved and I hold myself accountable just as much as everyone else involved for that mistake. The reference to Dave’s sock drawer meant studio 606 which was where it was essentially left. If I come across as being a little bit outraged it’s simply because I’ve had the unfortunate experience of hard work being disregarded with no communication or explanation as to why. Trust me it would eat at you as well. I doubt many of these issues would become issues at all if there was a bit more communication as opposed to none at all. Anyone who claims that there is no unfinished Sunny day record collecting dust I would have to agree to disagree. But that’s my opinion about it – I heard it objectively and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I know that Jeremy is gonna be upset with me for speaking out about this again but when I hear those tracks through the ears of people who I respect i.e. Justin Tamminga and my wife Channeary and I see them feeling as devastated as I do over this whole thing it’s hard to stay quiet. Compound that with it being an important part of me that refused to be realized as what will be left for my children to ponder and you have something equivalent to heart break. So no I was not meaning to claim Dave single handedly prevented the record from being finished. He just owns the place where it was abandoned. However he wasn’t too thrilled when Nate played with the fire theft so I doubt he thought about making it so Nate had the time to see it through. But it’s misunderstandings like this that arise because people don’t communicate. At least not with me with the exception of Jeremy. Dave and I should have hashed this shit out through honest human interaction a decade and a half ago. And Nate – the last time I talked to you was when you guys said to be by the phone the next day to have a conference call about finishing LP5. The phone never rang and I haven’t heard from you since then which was 2011 if memory serves. Granted I went into deep solitude after that but where else are you going to go after constantly being disregarded like an old shirt

Sunny Day drummer issues Dave Grohl clarification, adds more fuel to the fire

24. well this is something

bradsonemanband likes this.