Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sunn O))) - Pyroclasts (October 25, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Aug 28, 2019.

1. amorningofsleep Aug 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2019)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Southern Lord

Tracklisting:
    1. Frost (C)
    2. Kingdoms (G)
    3. Ampliphædies (E)
    4. Ascension (A)

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

got free tickets to see these guys Sunday night. been hearing buzz around them for a while, but never dove in. what's a good starting point?

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Start from the beginning. It's all good.

Saying that, I still haven't listened to the album from earlier in the year, so should probably get on that haha

sawhney[rusted]2 and riotspray like this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

also, get earplugs lol

duffe, riotspray and amorningofsleep like this.
  5. amorningofsleep

And maybe eat before the show. I went it with a semi-empty stomach and anytime the low ends matched up, it vibrated my guts to hell. I actually had to take a few breaks during their set.

riotspray likes this.
  6. riotspray Sep 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Coming from someone who's completely unfamiliar with the band/genre outside of hearing their name a bunch. It was definitely an experience and I'm glad I went.

I'm not really sure that it's for me. But I kind of understand it, in a live setting, through a loud PA, feeling the vibrations/frequencies or whatever.

I have a hard time understanding why any one would put on one of their records, but I guess if you were in the right head space and had some good headphones or speakers.

I know there's a million and a half people asking for someone to explain the appeal of Sunn O))) - That's not my question

But could someone tell me what people were filming on their phones... The room was filled with fog (to the point that the entire lobby was smogged out in the front and fog was pouring out of the front doors of the building and into the street) so you wouldn't capture anything visually, and I can't imagine any phone's microphone is capable of capturing any kind of audio that would even slightly replicate what we were hearing live.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. amorningofsleep

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

FINALLY listened to Life Metal yesterday and listening to this today. I think it’s safe to say insides have been thoroughly shaken up.