Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sun Kil Moon Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sophos34, Jun 21, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

The simulation is out of control lol

2. Horrorca

Trusted

:)

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.
  4. lol these are the best songs he's put out in years and I haven't even listened

5. Horrorca

Trusted

Gustavo is un-fucking-believable

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Seriously. Like, you’re not gonna do better than “Ben’s My Friend” or “I Watched the Film the Song Remains the Same” and you know it. Shorten the material unless you have an actually compelling story to tell

It bugs me how many people just like Benji though. Sun Kil Moon used to be really good. All the albums before Benji are fucking great especially April & Amomg the Leaves. He didn’t start the ranting storytelling until Benji actually and it worked well on that album and he should’ve left it at that.

OotyPa likes this.
  7. Horrorca

Trusted

it bugs me how many people complain about new SKM

by this point you know what Mark’s up to - complaining about the stories not being compelling misses the point entirely

0rb likes this.
  8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yeah the point is that he sucks

bachna84, y2jayjk, Carrow and 4 others like this.
  9. Horrorca

Trusted

eeeh

10. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Then don't post in this thread. Very simple concept eh?

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

We should still be allowed to post in this thread. I love old SKM and RHP as much as any other fan; his new stuff is trash to me. Don’t police the thread for not having the same opinion as you.

12. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

His comment had no substance. It was just like reading a Pitchfork review.

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i’ve posted plenty of unquippy criticism of mark’s later work itt, let me have the joke

Carrow likes this.
  14. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

:) He does release way too much stuff. He should focus on the 'less is more' attitude.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’d agree that the storytelling style isn’t what turns me off but the uninspired nature of the lyrics, which previously was a major part of my enjoyment of his work.

16. Horrorca

Trusted

no stopping the Koz!!!

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

A 23-minute song lmao come on man

18. Horrorca

Trusted

hahaha I love Mark

fuck the haters!!!

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Thought I'd skip this one but I listened to the samples and the instrumentation actually intrigued me. Shame he's sticking with this vocal style though, but it is what it is. Might give it a shot later today or next week.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

people around the www (mostly Koz fans obvs) are praising Bay of Kotor (the ~20 min) song quite a bit - excited to dig in!

also apparently some guitar Mark this time too

21. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Mark should be forced to do a show where he plays his entire Post-Benji catalogue in one day if he wants to keep releasing albums like this

bachna84 and cherrywaves like this.
  22. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I imagine I’ll do the same with this new SKM record as I’ve done with most of the rest of the post-Benji stuff: listen to it four or five times, enjoy it, and then wait around for the next one. Last year’s albums were my two favorites since Benji, but even as a fan, it’s hard for me to just put on one of them.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

I like that and I think that’s kinda of the best approach and it’s intensed “use” @Gjpeace

and you save your fav songs to a playlist

it’s like noise artists - tons of material and the experience and evolution is the reward

is meant to be ephimeral

24. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Truth

bachna84 and OotyPa like this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted

Bay of Kotor, man...

Mark I love your music