Summerfest 2019 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

Headliners are slowly starting to trickle out.

June 28th - Jason Aldean with Kane Brown
    June 29th - Bon Iver with Lord Huron and Julien Baker
    July 4th - Ozzy Osbourne with Megadeath

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

bon iver?? nice

SlappinCups likes this.
  3. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

No Eaux Claires this year.

Also I’m definitely going for Bon Iver but the cheapest tickets are $58 pretax, and that’s on the lawn.

4. maryp1603

Hey.

Got my Bon Iver ticket

5. Kellan Dec 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 14, 2018)
    Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

I really should have bought tickets for Bon Iver during presale. Ticketmaster website won’t even load right now. Fuck

Ok I finally got three tickets. Christmas presents for my mom and sister. My bank account hates me though.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely gonna go to Bon Iver and Julien, but I hate how expensive the summerfest amphitheater is. You should never have to pay more than $40 for lawn tickets

7. TMS2787

Trusted

Bon Iver and Julien Baker, sheesh. What a show that will be.

8. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

Just wish they didn’t have all that stupid bench seating

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  9. JaggySnake83

Regular

2 years ago i went to my first Summerfest to see Chevelle and i couldn't see anything because everyone was standing on the benches and i was in the back. I could barely even see the video monitors. That day i swore never to return there again but now that they have The Lonely Island i am thinking of maybe going... I just hope they have another date closer to Chicago.

There's some really good stuff this year, i just wished it wasn't so spread out to different days. Milwaukee is pretty much the only place i hate driving more than Tinley Park.

Kellan likes this.
  10. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

You’re right about it being too spread out, I’m seeing Bon Iver so I’m hoping the early bands that day are good as well.

If I still lived in Milwaukee I would definitely get a pass, it’s only $110 for all 11 days, excluding the amphitheater obviously. It would be so nice to just be able to pop in for a couple evening acts here and there whenever you wanted. I’m surprised The National aren’t in the amphitheater.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. JaggySnake83

Regular

If i live no more than 45 minutes from there i would probably go at least 3-4 days but i'm in Chicago and getting there could be a pain in the ass, especially after work.

12. bradsonemanband

Trusted Supporter

this lineup fucking rules

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

july 4th is megadeth papa roach pop evil and badflower just got announced ozzy got pushed to july 1st 2020

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Might check out The Lonely Island on Friday.

15. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

16. ItsAndrew

Trusted

As a Chicagoan, Summerfest sounds super cool and fun until you realize it’s inaccessible via public transportation unless you a) leave early or b) stay overnight and also not super convenient if you stay for the headliners because they come on at 10PM and go until 11-11:30 and then it’s a near 2 hour drive to the city.

It’s great for Milwaukee folks though.

17. JaggySnake83

Regular

I live around Chicago (for almost 4 years now) and i drove to shows in St Louis, Indianapolis and Louisville and for some reason the place i hate driving the most is Milwaukee. I don't know why, it just seems like an endless road...