Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Summer Slaughter 2017 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 30, 2017.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

Whoooooo </s>

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not huge into any of these bands, but Dying Fetus and Origin are cool and I wouldn't mind seeing TBDM play Noctural all the way through.

3. OdeToTheSun Jun 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2017)
    OdeToTheSun

Ø

TBDM playing Nocturnal entirely, holy shit. My favorite album by them.
    Hope the "more TBA" are more straight up death metal bands. I like deathcore and all, but that's almost too much, haha.

4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

TBDM, DF, Oceano, and Origin all interest me. I've also heard good things about Lorna Shore's live show.

Now I just hope they come back to Philly. Last year was the first I was serious about going and they skipped it for the first time ever.

5. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

People are overreacting on the tour's social media. 3/8 bands are Death Metal, including the two headliners. I don't think it's too unreasonable. It's literally one band shy of being an even split. Deathcore isn't a novelty or fad anymore and has no reason to have a separate tour. The 90s Death Metal crowd needs to really get a grip on that.

Minusblue54 and ADayToFall like this.
  6. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Another band will be announced Friday with the dates/venues.

7. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

Hats off to you sir! I even saw someone I'm friends with on FB say "To call this a scenies discovering deathcore tour would be an understatement."

That said, I dig this lineup.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I bet it's Immolation. I saw their name thrown around a few times already.

suicidesaints and OdeToTheSun like this.
  9. swboyd

TBDM and Origin are the only bands I'd enjoy seeing on this iteration of the tour. Even with the added factor of TBDM doing Nocturnal, it just isn't enough for me to make it out for this...especially if this ends up being during the week. No way I'd take off work for it.

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. swboyd

Immolation MIGHT cause me to rethink the above statement a bit, but I'd rather see them do a headliner as opposed to a 30-40 minute supporting slot on this tour.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If this comes to the Gas Monkey and they run $5-10 promo tickets again, I'm all about it, otherwise, I'll probably sit this out.

12. AnataFan4Life

The guys from Black Dahlia said it's not Immolation

13. Jon

Regular

Waiting on the other band to be announced.
    It would be an easy pass if TBDM was not playing Nocturnal in its entirety, because I need some deep cuts.
    Otherwise the only bands I like are The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, and Origin.

suicidesaints likes this.
  14. Minusblue54

Regular

If last band ain't Immolation, guesses on who it is? There's so many big death metal bands. Still wishes it was miasma tbdm was doing all the way through. We need more heavier bands to tour.

15. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I'm kinda hoping for Decrepit Birth, but I doubt it. They've been on it before and they are putting out a new album (their first in 7 years) though.

I watched an interview with their vocalist from when they were on the tour before and he hates "core" bands, haha.

16. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Double post, but hell, they should have another repeat from last year band and have Ingested again. They were fucking sick.

17. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Honestly I think it'll be Angelmaker or another Sumerian band.

18. Minusblue54

Regular

The biggest complaint i've seen about the lineup is to many bands that people have seen 2, or 3 times in the past 18 months. Ok, bands you wish were on this year instead? I'll go first.

Abnormality they toured with dying fetus not too long ago but they haven't been to Mn in years

venom prison omg i really hope this band gets to the states. SO awesome.

Your chance to die som who used to play in cerebral bore her new band. I was fan of this band before she joined but her addition made them even more brutal.

19. AnataFan4Life

One date leaked already

August 12th, Los Angeles, California at the Novo DTLA

20. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

The TBA band is The Faceless

21. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

7/28 at Starland Ballroom in NJ. Tickets are $27adv/$30dos.

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm checking out some event pages for specific dates on Facebook. 7/29 and 7/30 have Decrepit Birth, but no The Faceless. 7/27 has The Faceless, but no Decrepit Birth.

23. swboyd

In B4 Michael Keene and The Faceless Ghouls cancel their tour dates.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

are dates/venues posted somewhere

25. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I don't think the tour made an official announcement yet, but some shows are popping up in Facebook events.

7/27 Reading, PA - Reverb
    7/29 Worcester, MA - Worcester Palladium
    7/30 New York, NY - Webster Hall
    8/7 Houston, TX - House Of Blues Houston
    8/13 San Diego, CA - House Of Blues San Diego