Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Summer Came to an End, No New Brand New Single • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

For me personally TBS does. Even with TDAG being my single favorite album ever. Many props to you for the guts to even suggest this in a Brand New thread though haha.

Bryan Diem and goation like this.
  2. Can they retroactively go back and make their other albums not shitty? If not I don't think so.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. goation

Regular

Their albums aren't shitty. The only real misstep is S/T, and it has more to do with production than the songs.

What is shitty is being as douchey to your fans as possible, even though they still come to your shows when you haven't had a new record in 7 years.

4. I think the sound of aluminum in a garbage disposal is more enjoyable than a Taking Back Sunday album.

5. goation

Regular

What's that I hear? Not a new brand new album

btr likes this.
  6. goation

Regular

Daisy was great though. I would love to hear another album.

7. I've had new songs for months, but I'd take silence over forcing myself through another TBS release.

teebs41 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Yeah, that's more or less a direct quote.
    I told my friend who knew nothing about Brand New (went for Motion City), "This band more or less plays music for themselves and doesn't give a shit about anyone, sometimes including their fans."
    Yeah I don't think it was meant negatively or positively, he was saying it like it was just a fact. "We're not releasing new music soon."

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I would take brand new over taking back Sunday anyday but the last two tbs records were very good, and arguably critically acclaimed

KidLightning likes this.
  10. efp722

Regular

As much as I like these guys, I am sick of all this. If you don't want to do this anymore then don't. No one is holding a gun to your head to do one last album.

11. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

is there a requirement for how often a band needs to release an album?

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hold up, I didn't mean as a whole. Obviously 3/4 of BN's discography towers over TBS's, make no mistake, just meant comparing their most recent (or what would be for BN).

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

then again, even that's a hard sell. But anyone who thinks TBS has a better discography is off the grid crazy

14. I'd take the re-recorded demos over anything TBS has ever released ... so I still think they win.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. Hunter Norman

Regular

I love brand new, I love TBS.... The new BN songs have been good and while I have mixed feelings on some TBS records, happiness is.. was really great and Tidal Wave is absolutely fantastic. If you can still shit on TBS after the new record, it's a personal thing. Even if it's not your thing, it's a great sounding record and they're trying to change things up, while giving fans new material at the shows.

goation and slimfenix182 like this.
  16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

So like, I'm not going to pretend I'm not disappointed, because I was honestly expecting a full length from them by the end of this year.

That being said, 2016 has delivered up so so so so so much good music that I'm completely okay with this at the moment.

Kevin360 likes this.
  17. SayHello

Regular

Really? Even Louder Now or TAYF? Also, the new album is pretty good - have you listened? What makes them so unlistenable for you? Genuinely curious.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That's not fair, those re-recorded demos are actually pretty great.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Summer came.... and no weenie whistle.. I mean brand new single

Kevin360 likes this.
  20. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I love this news article so much.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  21. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

No matter what they do people find something to complain about so I'm of the opinion that if you're disappointed then you have no one to blame but yourself for getting your hopes up.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait, they didn't specify whose summer they were referring to.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Kevin360

I've always been of this mindset.

That is, until they gave us a timeline and didn't deliver on it without so much as a word as to why.

I'm as devoted of a fan as they come, but I'm immensely disappointed in how they've handled this whole thing.

DejaMoi, goation and teebs41 like this.
  24. Kevin360

Don't go stealing my Southern Hemisphere theory!

Bryan Diem and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

or which summer.