Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Band • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I totally missed the last round :( I would have voted for No Reason anyway.

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  2. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah, that's probably the worst you could do

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  3. Analog Drummer

Regular

Fat lip
    In too deep
    Over my head
    All to blame
    Pieces
    Fake my own death

Boring. But only given 6 songs I guess

bachna84 likes this.
  4. BlackwingE

Trusted

Best EP:

Side A (poppier side)
    1. Underclass Hero
    2. What I Believe
    3. In Too Deep

Side B (heavier side)
    1. No Reason
    2. Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
    3. Breaking the Chain

Worst EP:

Side A
    1. Never Wake Up
    2. Slipping Away
    3. A.N.I.C.

Side B
    1. Ma Poubelle
    2. T.H.T.
    3. Exit Song

Thanks @bachna84 and @broken22 for running this bracket! Although my al time favorite Sum songs didn't make it as far as I had hoped, I think No Reason is a worthy winner. Not sure if I would consider Walking Disaster worthy, so this turned out pretty great!

5. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Aww I like Slipping Away

Davjs, bachna84 and BlackwingE like this.
  6. Analog Drummer

Regular

Ditto. And I like never wake up too.

Should do a reverse bracket. Pick your worsts in round robin

Davjs, bachna84 and BlackwingE like this.
  7. BlackwingE

Trusted

I like Slipping Away as a part of the Chuck album, It's not a bad song, it's just one of the weaker tracks for me and I had to pick among so many good songs :( I stand by Never Wake Up 100% though, that song would fit right in on Half Hour of Power.

Davjs and bachna84 like this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Stevo is a full time realtor now and part time drummer it says on his profile haha

Davjs likes this.
  9. broken22

(:

I was listening to All Killer No Filler in the car today, it really brought me back to memory lane because it was the album that truly got me into pop punk. I remember when Fat Lip first dropped and the opening riff just stuck with me.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Dinged my first electric guitar on my nightstand practicing my jumps from the Fat Lip video.

Was giving Underclass Hero another listen this week and time has done that one very well. I said this earlier in the thread, but I think at the time it was released I felt it was trying to be another American Idiot.

Now knowing the full story and what eventually would happen with Deryck it all takes on a different meaning - 19 year old me rolled my eyes at lyrics like “you regret you made me, it’s too late to save me”, but that line just wrecks 30 year old me that also has the hindsight of what that dude was battling.

broken22 likes this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I used to hate Underclass Hero when it first came out because that was the popular opinion. That they “sold out”. I think Chuck is still their best record, but honestly Underclass is probably my favorite nowadays. Certainly the one I go back to most.

The popular online opinion was mostly negative from the hardcore fanbase right? I didn’t spend much time on music forums back then but I can only imagine that’s why they pivoted so hard back to “heavy” with Screaming Bloody Murder.

BlackwingE likes this.
  12. broken22

(:

Underclass Hero is such a fucking fun record to listen to. I adore it.

BlackwingE, Kuri44 and Allpwrtoslaves like this.
  13. Kuri44

Underclass hero is great, I was shocked when I found out a lot of people didn’t like it. I even remember Some of my friends who didn’t listen to that kind of music really dug it. I also remember Gossip Girl used “With Me” and a bunch of girls from my school would play it lol (Same with MCS’ Fell In Love Without You acoustic)

broken22 likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Chuck has always been the album I tell people is my favorite by them when really it's Underclass Hero

BlackwingE likes this.
  15. broken22

(:

With Me is such a great song.

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm a little late, but this seriously makes me so happy.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I loved about 80% of 13 Voices (how is there not 13 tracks...?) so I’m pumped on new music.

Hopefully Dave is more involved in the writing process. I also hope they don’t try to put out a record like Underclass Hero ever again.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Me too! From what I read, by the time he came on a lot of the songs were already written and he just filled in some guitar parts, like the ending to Goddamn I'm Dead Again.

I don't mind if they kept the 13 Voice style going, having both poppy, punk and metal style songs all mixed up.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  20. DannyZach

Trusted

13 voices is up there with Chuck and DTLI? For me...title track is the only one I don't really enjoy since it sounds like something from SBM and hell that's the only record by them I don't really enjoy...hopefully they stay in Fake My Own Death and The Fall And The Rise style for this one

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah I read that too and it makes sense. The record was ultra personal for Deryck so I’m sure he didn’t wanna have someone rewriting his thoughts.

I never get the hate for Screaming Bloody Murder. I think it’s a phenomenal record with only 2 filler tracks (the ones Deryck paid himself to include on the record after Island was fed up of paying stupid amounts of $$$ for the production).

Davjs likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh and no lie- the first time I heard the guitar solo from Dave on Goddamnit I’m Dead Again- I got low key emotional in the best way. I LOVE that ending @Davjs

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  23. DannyZach

Trusted

I grew up on All Killer No Filler,DTLI and Chuck at the time they came out and they just defined Sum41s sound to me and then Underclass Hero showed up and it sounded different and SBM is just darker weird version of UH to me...it's not like I hate those two but I don't really listen to them much...but when I heard chorus of Fake My Own Death..I was like YES! It just sounded like some song straight from the DTLI!...I do really love 13 Voices and I didn't get the critic of that album on this site at all

24. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Underclass Hero and Chuck are my personal favs.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fair enough! I grew up on those records as well but I don’t really like All Killer No Filler anymore but I still love DTLI, Chuck, SBM, and 13 Voices. I think Fake My Own Death is classic Sum41 as well and love it!

bd007h likes this.