Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

i agree, dudes not a great drummer and hes really really creepy looking

2. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

I miss Stevo as well, but you can't deny this guy hits his drums REALLY HARD. I like that.

And about the new album: cover art and song titles are cheezy as hell. I mean, the first 3 songs all mention death somehow. Hopefully they sound good. I hope Brownsound had the time to contribute with his ideas this time.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Album art is on point. Love it.

4. chelsealouanne

Regular

The album art has a lot of old school vibes--I love how the old logo is being carried through again. Sort of comes full circle with the five-piece. It's been such a great month to be a fan of this band, I tell you. I got my Pledge items in the mail (signed drumhead and drumsticks), and then BOOM! the album art and tracklisting was released a few days after. Have been, and still am looking forward to what this new chapter of The Sums holds.

5. razorburn

Trusted

Agreed. He is god-awful. Hitting the drums as hard as you can, does not equate to a great drummer.

6. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

New song is really solid. Reminds me of 'Chuck' era.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Where?

8. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Big riff. Big Chorus. Sold!

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This is by far the strongest they have been since Chuck. Really enjoying it. I was skeptical with Deryck self producing in all honesty.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  10. skurt

As far as I can tell it is just a leak currently, but no doubt the official will come soon.

11. Callum Macleod

I feel like they must have gone back and touched up some of these songs once Dave came back, those guitar parts sound far more Chuck than SBM.

skurt likes this.
  12. skurt

From following them it seems like they were writting/in the studio/going back to the studio a lot since it was announced Dave returned.

13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Can't find it.

14. Callum Macleod

Yeah there was a good few posts about having one more idea, finishing touches etc. so I hope they let him rip. I'm actually a fan of Underclass and Screaming Bloody, but I'm much more impressed by this after two spins than I was of both of them.

skurt likes this.
  15. Callum Macleod

Don't want to link a leak, but I searched twitter for "Sum 41 new song" and it was pretty easy to find a stream from there.

16. skurt

After a few more listens I am convinced there is no way in hell that Dave didn't have input on this you can hear him everywhere. I love how the vocals are more reminiscent of that era to.

17. Callum Macleod

Absolutely. Re-listening to Chuck now, such a great album. This song has me very excited for Sum 41 in 2016. Saw them earlier this year on the Kerrang! Tour with Dave and they were incredible.

18. Niiice. Sounds like something off of Chuck for sure. I dig it.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty solid song. Not surprised they went back to the heavy sound.

The way Deryck sings "I just wanna fake my own death" sounds really weird and off.

20. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Not a fan of his voice in it. It sounds kind faint/distant/thin

21. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

The mix really sucks..... and song sucks, too. Sorry.

22. zacooper

Regular

The mix sucks but I like the direction of the new song

23. Reminds me a lot of "I'm Not The One"

24. Fox83

Trusted

I don't know who mixed it, but I've been skeptical of this album being any good after I learned Deryck was producing it while the band members recorded in different locations, much like blink's Neighborhoods.

skurt likes this.
  25. Callum Macleod

Did they record in different places? I thought Deryk did the groundwork on the majority of the album and the rest came in at different times to work on stuff and more recently all together.