Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

All Killer No Filler was the first album I ever got I think, got Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park the same christmas. Gonna check out the new one out after giving the last one a miss.

2. Chuck is phenomenal and by far my fav. For me, Blink-182's Enema->S/T album stretch is better than any Sum 41 stretch, but I like Chuck more than any Blink album.

I really like Underclass Hero. "Walking Disaster" was an important song to a friend of mine, so I have a strong affinity for that track. Speak of the Devil, Count You Blessings, Jester, With Me, and Best of Me are all great.

I don't go back to Screaming Bloody Murder as much, but it's great too. Reason to Believe and Screaming Bloody Murder started the album off really strong. Jessica Kill, What Am I To Say, and Blood In My Eyes are also good.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Underclass Hero is their attempt at making American Idiot (IMO) and has a few genuinely great songs on there bogged down by a lot of boring material. Despite a couple good tracks though, I've never gotten into SBM. "Scumfuk" is a rad track though.

I love Gob, and would love for Tom is contribute more to the songwriting and maybe even split vocals on a track w/ Deryk.

FTank likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Those are my exact feelings. "Walking Disaster" is one of their strongest songs in my opinion. With Dave having just left they took their shot and chased that American Idiot sound, and I can't really blame them. Green Day caught lightening in a bottle with that one.

You know, I could be talked into that something like 1 out of 5 times. I consider pre-Dude Ranch Blink nearly un-listenable (which I may unfairly hold against them), I can't say the same about Sum 41.

FTank likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I'd go with Underclass Hero as well. Their discography is ok, but I'd put it below Blink's.

6. I don't have the same nostalgia for Blink pre-s/t or Sum 41 pre-Does This Look Infected, I think my musical tastes developed from the time I'd appreciate their earlier albums by the time I got to them years after their release, if that makes sense. I think I worded that really weirdly. I've also hardly listened to any Green Day pre-American Idiot aside from Dookie. Joined the bandwagons pretty late, so I didn't grow up listening to those albums as they came out.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with whoever said above that Blinks early stuff is worse than Sum 41's, though.

8. Kuri44

Underclass Hero was the soundtrack to my Summer of 2007. 9 years, Jesus where does the time go?

9. MattNCheeze May 10, 2016
    (Last edited: May 10, 2016)
    MattNCheeze

Trusted

Signing with Hopeless is a god send. This band is on its way back and it makes me so happy. Although from the video looks like Steve-0 is still out.

Let me get a Sum 41/Yellowcard tour. Fucking call it the resurgence of the early 00's tour idgaf.

10. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Really excited for the new record.

11. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Pumped about the signing to Hopeless.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They signed with Hopeless? I somehow missed this

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This Hopeless signing is all kinds of right. Been a huge Sum fan since I was about 10...jeeze that dates me. Really pumped for this record.

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Kind of ridiculous how stacked Hopeless' roster is

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They've got some great bands, but they also have some that don't need to be there at all. They've really oversigned in recent years trying to catch the next big thing

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'd totally go to a YC/S41 tour

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome signing.

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the only good record hopeless has put out since 2013 is the new somos record

19. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

Check this out...ProShot full set from 2/6/16 ...anyone seen this yet?

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Thanks for sharing, they sound fantastic here.

21. Zeke

Regular

Sum 41 - 13 Voices (6th of October 2016)
    [​IMG]

Track listing:
    1. A Murder of Crows (You're All Dead To Me)
    2. Goddamn I'm Dead Again
    3. War
    4. Breaking The Chain
    5. There Will Be Blood
    6. 13 Voices
    7. Fake My Own Death
    8. God Save Us All
    9. The Fall And The Rise
    10. Twisted By Design

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Did you find this from that VK Russian site? Because the new Yellowcard album art and track list just leaked on there too.

23. Not feeling that album art... at all.

24. Zeke

Regular

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very exciteddddd