Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Am I the only one who thinks this band still has a lot left in the tank. Their last album was in 2011, new one coming this year and I honestly think it will be something special.

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Nice to see Dave Baksh back in the band

DejaMoi likes this.
  3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Agreed and I hope Tom played a bigger role on the new album. He is a great guitar player and singer.

4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I honestly wouldn't mind him taking time to focus on Gob. 7 years was too long a wait between their last two albums lol.

DejaMoi likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

True with Dave back in the band it will be interesting to see what happens. The good news is Frank Zummo seems to be fitting in nicely which is great.

bd007h likes this.
  6. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Any band that has a song like, "Mr. Amsterdam," in their catalog ALWAYS has something left in the tank.

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Pledge Music update said the album was in the mixing/mastering process right now. Can't wait.

DejaMoi likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm truly excited. I thought Screaming Bloody Murder was an excellent return to form, and with Dave back and Deryk being seemingly EXTREMELY excited about the band/everything right now.... I am very excited.

DejaMoi likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Nice to see you here I recognize you from AP. I am def stoked for this glad I'm not the only one. I think SBM is almost up there with Chuck and DTLI now tbh.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely one of my most anticipated for the year. Have always been a fan, and am extremely excited to see what they come up with now that Dave is back, and as you said, Deryck being excited about it.

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I gave Chuck a proper listen after only hearing it once years ago and it's a really cool record imo. Something about it feels different, but I can't really describe it...

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

Oh yes!! Hopefully we'll get a single any day now! :]

Eric Wilson likes this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Would be crazy to get a new Sum 41 and Blink single in the same month. Haha along with the Good Charlotte release. Very cool year.

Viking Wizard Eyes and DejaMoi like this.
  14. irthesteve

Chuck definitely is the most... ROCK N ROLL, balls to the wall, guitar forward. I dunno if that's the vibe that you're thinking of

15. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

So stoked, We got a crazy year ahead of us! Maybe there will be new Offspring as well

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

I hope it's good.

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely. Just really curious to hear how a new Sum 41 single will sound like, especially with Dave back.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they have potential to put together something really good.

19. I was so underwhelmed by Underclass Hero I didn't even give Screaming Bloody Murder a chance, they kind of fell off my radar. Maybe I'll look into it soon. Has there been any indication that they'll return to the sound of Chuck in any way? A progression from that album would be so perfect.

20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Underclass Hero is my favourite Sum 41 album. I have so much nostalgia for that record.

21. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

All Killer will probably always be my favorite. Too many good memories attached to that record growing up.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Chuck's my fav

23. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Controversial opinion: Sum 41 have a much stronger discography than blink-182.

24. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Chuck 4 eva.

Although I played the fuck out of DTLI when it first came out. That album is still a ton of fun, but Chuck is where they showed that they were more than a blink/Green Day ripoff or whatever shit people said at the time.

25. irthesteve

Screaming is SO MUCH better than Underclass, which is easily their worst. I reccomend it